Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

707. Inf.Div. - war crimes

Hi
    I just received some documents and awards from my friend`s grandfather, who was serving as an artillery officer within 707. Inf. Div. .
    After doing some research ,I found out about the activities and war crimes between spring 1942 - spring 1943 of the division.
    Some award documents are signed by GenMaj Frhr. von Bechtolsheim, who was responsible for giving orders for operations against Belorussian partisans and jews. Hopefully this artillery officer was not involved in this kind of actions. Any infos about 3./le. Art.Abt 657 would be welcomed.
    Best regards Stephan
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hopsi; 03-06-2011, 01:17 PM.

duplicat EK I
    Attached Files

Comment

what was it ??
      Attached Files

Comment

It's always questionable if activities against partisans classify as war crimes. Freedom fighters for some, terrorists for others, quite extistential dilemma. Sorry for OT.

Comment

not much to say except both the 2nd and 3rd Battery was equipped with 4 10.5cm guns.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thanks for replies
            Stephan

Comment

707 Infantry Division was involved in the murder of over 10,000 Jews in Belorussia. Page 132 of The German Army And Genocide (Edited by the Hamburg Institue For Social Research) lists some of the Aktions from October to December 1941 in which it was involved, although it only mentions Infantry Rgt 727 of the division, and also has two excerpts taken from interrogation reports of members of IR 727.

Comment

some more fotos to come....
                Attached Files

Comment

russian POWs ???
                  Attached Files

Comment

last one ...
                    Attached Files

Comment

They seem to be wearing different things, but I don't see any women or children. That might lead me to believe they are just males from a village...which can never be good in this type of setting. I guess I will not jump to conclusions, though...

Comment

Sounds good to me...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X