Ausmusterungschein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ausmusterungschein

A couple of weeks ago I bought this document from a fellow-Dutchman who inhereted it.

It's an Ausmusterungschein, or document proving the wearer does not have to serve in the Wehrmacht. According to the paper he is "volig untaughlich zum dienst in der Wehrmacht", or, in English: "completely unsuited for military service".

The guy who sold it to me told me it came from his wife's family, and that this family has a couple of schizofrenia patients in their ranks. He didn't know however if this illness was the reason the original holder of this document was deemed unsuitable for military service.

I have no reason to doubt the authenticity of the document, especially since the seller didn't seem to know much about the item and sold it for very little money, but I'm actually quite curious about it's value. Seems to me a Ausmusterungschein dated 1942 is very rare, since at this stage of the war the Germans could use every able bodied man at the front. I've even read about the Ear- and Stomach batallions the Germans fielded, so if one was exempt from military service all together he was very much an exception.

Any idea's?

Thanks on forehand,
    Tim

Doesn't anybody have any idea about this document?

Is it original, or are there clues as to why it could be a fake? If original, is it a rare item and is it possible to put a pricetag on it?

Any info will be much appreciated, since all I know about it is what it says on the paper itself.

Comment

Sorry Tim but I don't recall ever having seen such a document prior to yours. But that certainly doesn't mean it's a fake; in fact, the printing, stamping and photo-affixing all look period to me. Lets hope some more experienced members chime in!

Br. James

Comment

It's a moderately standard civil document, exactly as you've described. They're not overly rare, and (IMHO) not worth a whole lot. Sort of like DAF booklets, or the Ahnenpass ID's.

best
        Hank
        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

It was to be kept with his Wehrpass, to show why he was not in the military. It's original and as Hank said, moderately common.
          Jeff

Comment

I agree with the others that it is a fairly common civil document and as such not particularly worth a lot. However, the man has a traceable history before, during and after the war. If you go to the trouble of doing the research you could enhance its value considerably.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, what is a "Hilfsprüfer"?

Comment

I would translate it with "assisten examiner/accountant".

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks for all the info. According to one of the links below the value of the document is about $ 35,-. Not as much as I hoped, but more than I paid for it.

Don't think I'll be doing any research about the history of this man (or his family), since I bought it from the dutch version of e-bay and don't want to bother the seller with it.

The translation of Hilfsprufer given below is correct as far as I know: a Prufer is someone who tries something new (in a research setting). So the man could have been working in a laboratry or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by timkoningskelp View Post
                    Thanks for all the info. According to one of the links below the value of the document is about $ 35,-. Not as much as I hoped, but more than I paid for it.

..edit...
                    Just to be technical, the price is Euro 35.00. The value is what somebody pays. I'd be amazed to see something like that bring Euro 35.00. BUT - who knows? Maybe if that's exactly what somebody was looking for...

best
                    Hank
                    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X