Hans Frank autograph?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hans Frank autograph?

hello, I havent much luck searching down a referance for his signature. This is from a Nuremberg trials grouping. Does it seem proper? Best, Bill Bourque
    Attached Files

Yes, it looks good to me, style-wise, though it is always iffy to give an OK to an autograph without seeing it in person. Frank often signed his name "Dr. Frank" or "Dr. Hans Frank" though not always; the wartime (1942) example in my collection is a photo post card signed simply "Frank."

Hope this is helpful.

Br. James

Comment

Hi Bill
      Any chance of seeing the whole document? Jay

Comment

It's original.

Comment

Hello, thanks for the help, there seemed to be several different examples of his signature. The owner of the document asked me to check. He has a small WW2 museum and has this on display. Best, Bill
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

And a nice AH promotion doc which looks good to me. Best, Bill
              Attached Files

Comment

Jesus, that is quite the promotion notification

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Yes, quite an historic document and the AH signature looks good to me, as well. The small cards autographed by Nazi leadership are from the Major War Crimes Trial at Nuremberg in 1945-46, another nice set.

Br. James

Comment

All signatures shown here are all 100% original.

The Hitler signature is a very nice, typical 43 signature.

Comment

Hello, thanks for the comments. He has a nice, compact WW2 collection built onto a wonderful car collection. Best, Bill

Comment

Hitler signed promotion documents such as this one were held by the Hauptarchiv and were originally kept in blue file covers. The Hauptarchiv was subsequently looted and a vast number of these documents ended up in the USA. They were sold in large numbers during the 1980s and appeared frequently in US militaria auction houses. I think I remember seeing this one in such an auction.
                          Max.

Comment

Original but wouldn't want to touch stolen docs from the 80's !!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
                              Original but wouldn't want to touch stolen docs from the 80's !!
                              I think you'll find that these docs were looted in 1945. The Hauptarchiv had nothing to do with the BDC.
                              Max.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X