Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible feldpost number help

Hello all,

I have found a large transport box from 1939. It has the number 75871 printed on the side. Could this be a feldpost number?
    Any help would be very gratefully received.

Anybody?

Comment

Yes, it is possible that that five-digit number could be a Feldpost address...wish I could pursue this question further but my copy of the full list is missing the section which listed the numbers in the 70000 series. Sometimes life goes that way!

Br. James

Comment

Thank you for your reply, I am hoping that there is somebody out there who has an answer for me.

Comment

I have the FpNr Databse and it doesn't list any numbers in that range. It ends at 68099 and recommences again at 80002 so either that range of numbers wasn't used or they have been missing since the war.

Comment

Thanks hucks -- that would explain why my copy doesn't include numbers in the 70000 series either! But it also doesn't help David with his question...!

Br. James

Comment

Number

Hi there,

One possiblity is that the number is the licence number of the vehicle, here WH-75871 or WL-75871, where the crew would paint the number of the vehicle on personal equipment related to it. I have seen this on canvas covers, boxes and even batteries before.

Cheers
              Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X