Lappland shield doc on the estand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lappland shield doc on the estand

I'd like to open a discussion on this Lappland shield doc currently for sale on the e-stand.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...86#post4499386

*edit* : sales thread now removed at sellers request

I have issues with it.
    Firstly, it's the wrong style for this unit\reservation. The style on the doc for sale was used in the mid-norway region, roughly centered on Trondheim. The style in use at Starum, much further south in the Lillehammer, Hamar area was as shown below.
    Also, the doc below, which is now in my collection, was published in Hartungs guides to 3rd reich docs. Note that the stamp is clearly different and on my earlier one is de-nazified as it should be.

Furthermore, the style of the doc differs from originals, compare the 2 in 20 with this one below. I have several of this style and have seen quite a few more and all have this style of 2.
    The doc for sale however uses a style which is also to be found in fake blanks for sale currently on militaria321

http://www.militaria321.com/auktion/...Schild--%23143

IMO, a very competent fake.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Simon O.; 02-20-2011, 06:05 AM.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Well just a basic commparision to yours shows many differences ie The G in General also the ( ) are in different positions,many of the letters are not the same.

Comment

I see what Simon is saying, just seeing the swaz on such a late issue doc wouldn't seem right. I have never seen originals with full stamp, only the fakes have the sawz still included.

Comment

Here's some more examples of this style of doc in order to compare.
        Attached Files
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

more
          Attached Files

Comment

and a couple of KM
            Attached Files

Comment

For ease of comparison here's the one offered for sale.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Simon and the participants in this discussion. It is always a bit sour when you find out something you bought turns out to be fake (especially if it wasn't cheap). As mentioned to Simon I bought this document from a good friend of mine who had been collecting over 50 years and buys his items straight in Germany from vets and vets families. This of course does not prove anything else then that I trust people to easy (not saying my friend is a bad guy, I don't think he knew either) and should solely trust own knowledge and that of others who specialize in certain areas.

Anyway thanks again for clearing this up, the hardest (and most expensive) way to learn is through experience

Cheers,
                Rick
                Last edited by tiomnajasila; 02-20-2011, 06:41 AM.
                Our Mothercross project website:

sigpic

http://dasmutterkreuz.com/

Comment

Simon, you might be interested that there's one for sale in Galerie d'Historie at the moment.

Comment

Cesky

Yes, i posted it as one of the examples. however, as usual Huesken has overpriced it so will likely sit there for years just as the GJR 139 example has.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X