Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VERY RARE "Meine Ehre Heist Treue" Postcard

Hello, guys.

Will sale this very rare postcard. Want to hear your opinions about it and about it value (as I searched from $300-$400). Am I right and is everything OK with this postcard?

Thanks in advance.

1.jpg2.jpg

[ATTACH]1763656[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1763657[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1763658[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1763659[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1763660[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1763661[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1763662[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1763663[/ATTACH]

Comment

The card looks ok from here, but an in-hand inspection is the best means
            to check the card stock. I have a bit of an issue with the what appears to be the stark whiteness
            of the card stock. I have 2 examples in my collection for comparison purposes.

The crease in this example significantly harms the value. European
            collectors pay a premium for excellent condition. The crease decreases the
            value by at least 50%. If the card was postally used and handling marks were present, the card will be still worth more than a unused, damaged example.

Ramon

Comment

VERY RARE "Meine Ehre Heist Treue" Postcard

I agree with Ramon regarding condition and value of originals. My concern is that the printing looks like lithography. Originals were produced by gravure printing on white chalk coated paper. A crease like this example displays would likely cause the coating to flake off at the crest of the crease - not bend. I wonder if it would pass a black light test? You might see if glows under black light. Even if it doesn't, the paper and printing method are the most important diagnostic features for dating this card.

Comment

I'm of a mind that this card is not a good one. I base this on the apparent card stock and the method of printing. I've looked at my known originals and they bear out the above poster's post. My hesitations have been communicated to the OP via PM

Ramon

Comment

Thanks for answers

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X