Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Himmler Photo expeccted to reach 3000?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-seen-pic.html

Yes, this is certainly a shocking photo, as is the story behind it of Himmler's capture and subsequent suicide by cyanide in order to avoid a full-body medical search. He bit the poison vial he carried in his mouth while having been forced to strip naked and awaiting the medical doctor's arrival; they put a British Army shirt on his corpse for photographic modesty, which explains why none of the several photos or the Pathé News film taken at the time show the whole body. While the photo in question may be a one-of-a-kind print, others do exist and anyone interested should read "The Strange Death of Heinrich Himmler" by Hugh Thomas (St. Martin's Press, 2002), where they will see three quite similar photos and the forensic sketches made at the scene.

Br. James

Comment

This new photo might actually have an impact on the validity of Hugh Thomas' (very good) book.

The photo of the dead body in that book does not look much like Himmler.

The photo above is undoubtedly Himmler ............. the same body, just taken from a different angle.

Great photo .......... but I think the auctioneers are acting like Mullock's here.

Cheap publicity to boost the price.

Comment

Obviously the same corpse ............. but photos make the faces look a bit different.

I think his nose must have hit the deck when he fell ...................
        Attached Files

Comment

So Onkel Heinrich is somehow still among the living in foreign press.

If you cannot sell a newspaper just play the Nazi card - it works!

Always!

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
            If you cannot sell a newspaper just play the Nazi card - it works!
            Always!
            Korrekt!

In Britain the Bison Books publishing house was "built entirely on the strength of the public's fascination with the Nazis," wrote author Robert Harris, a BBC journalist. He noted that the firm's founder, Sidney Mayer, was anything but apologetic about the reasons for his success, quoting him as saying, "I don't want to end up as Hitler's publisher. I would have thought the public was as sick of it as I am. But they are not. The booksellers always want more. Hitler sells. Nazis sell. Swastikas sell--and they sell better and better. It's the swastika on the cover that gets them. Nobody can out-swastika us. I've even thought of putting one on our vegetable cookbook because Hitler was a vegetarian."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post

http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle4725284.ece

Best selling books are ..............

1. Books on golf
                2. Books on cats
                3. Books with swastikas on the cover

This guy combined all three .............. guaranteed best seller.

He was rector of my old university.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Robin Lumsden; 02-17-2011, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X