Postage stamp...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Postage stamp...

Gramps got this in Europe during the war.

(second pic for skeptics, 'cause I'm one myself!)
    Attached Files

Hi buccaneere, and welcome! you are displaying a postage stamp from the Reichsprotectorate of Bohemia and Moravia, that part of the former Czechoslovakia generally east of the Sudetenland. This stamp represented the value of 10 Hellers, which was the lowest-valued stamp produced there. As a mint unused and unhinged stamp, it's collector value would be about 50 cents (USA) today, keeping in mind that it was the lowest value postage stamp and therefore the most common in its time. But as an original memento of your grandfather's time of service in Europe during WWII, this artifact is beyond value to you! Your responsibility is to keep it safe and sound, and to keep your grandpa's memory alive in the stories you will tell of him as long as you live.

Br. James

Comment

That IS good info there, Br. James! Obviously NOT your first day And words of wisdom too - they're already at heart indeed.

.50 WHOLE cents? Hmm... I'd surely never have thought so little. Although never HAVE I given thought to its' actual value.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X