Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood Order in wear...or what?

Hi all!

Browsing through some of my photos, I found this one, of Gauarbeitsführer XXX Bayern Hochland, Hans Baumann, during a sports day in Füssen, Bavaria in 1937.

One thing that I had never noticed before, is the medal on the right breast pocket of the man behind him. Could it be a Blood Order or is it something else? It looks like there's a ribbon above it...

Thanks in advance!

Regards, Giorgos

Think it is, but far too out of focus to be collectable as such.Does it look sharper under a loop ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
      Think it is, but far too out of focus to be collectable as such.Does it look sharper under a loop ?
      No, not really. It is indeed way out of focus, since the photographer was clearly focusing on Baumann. I had barely noticed it and I just happened to see it after zooming on the scan a few times.

Thanks for the answer!

This might be a long shot, but would there be a possibility on a positive ID for this man?

Regards, Giorgos

Comment

On my monitor it looks more like a round badge or a day badge. The dark areas of the pocket flap on the pocket and pleat look somewhat like a ribbon, but it looks like shadows to me.
        Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich Benndorff View Post
          On my monitor it looks more like a round badge or a day badge. The dark areas of the pocket flap on the pocket and pleat look somewhat like a ribbon, but it looks like shadows to me.
          Could be too, yes... Thanks for the opinion!

Regards, Giorgos

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X