AH signature, Original or fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AH signature, Original or fake?

Hello guys, what you think about this AH Signature?

Thank you very much friends!!.

Ace.

I'm in no way an expert, but I believe that his signature style was different around that date (a little more curving downward to the right). IMO, I wouldn't feel confortable with this one.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pvluger View Post
      I'm in no way an expert, but I believe that his signature style was different around that date (a little more curving downward to the right). IMO, I wouldn't feel confortable with this one.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Thank you friend!.

Any more opinions?
      Last edited by acemaiden; 02-16-2011, 01:05 PM.

Comment

I think it's impossible to validate originality of a signature online; just too indistinct a medium to be certain. Your photo looks like a frontispiece from a copy of "Mein Kampf" or from one of the cigarette card volumes about the history of the NSDAP. The photo itself is most familiar and a striking example of the art form, but the size and the precisely-centered location of the signature are both matters that Hitler himself could never quite manage; his original signatures are often too small for their documents and are usually off-centered. Of course, after signing hundreds of times a day, no wonder his signature got a bit sloppy and careless! Also, Heinrich Hoffmann produced a number of different portrait photos of Hitler over the years and many included a signature facsimile on the lower margin. With no sense of further personalization, this is probably one of those printed pieces...and a stunning likeness.

Br. James

Comment

Thx James!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X