Signed Max Wünsche photo...!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signed Max Wünsche photo...!!!

I have seen this one for sale and would like some opinions prior to purchase.

I am confident and have heard good things about the dealer, although I would still like some feedback from others on here.

Cheers.

btt - anyone?

I tried comparing the signature of his from the letter I purchased to this photo... Given that one is period done and the other in the 80's it is hardly
    a good comparison to make as it has changed somewhat. Anyone with other original wartime sigs to compare?

Comment

Its seems as a well known fake signature ! Please make a better scan !

Comment

I dont think you can get much better than that, the sig is a bit rough anyhow.

I have tried to compare various Wunsche signatures and many of them have litte differences, so much so that its hard to pinpoint a definitive one.

More opinions would be good.

Originally posted by frankandfrank View Post
        Its seems as a well known fake signature ! Please make a better scan !

Comment

I have asked the dealer for a larger scan, hopefully this helps...

Any other opinions would be much appreciated.

Comment

wuensche

Maybe you should mention the dealers name.
            This helps sometimes enough!

Comment

Hi, I know the dealer is reputable amongst most WAF members.

For the time being however, until I am certain of the signatures authenticity I would prefer not to disclose the dealers name / website - for obvious reasons, I hope you understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Wünsche View Post
                Hi, I know the dealer is reputable amongst most WAF members.

I am certain of the signatures authenticity
                For a fake signature a authenticity !

Comment

I did actually say, "until I am certain" , you conveniently left that out of the quote........If I was in fact certain I would never have posted it here to begin with.

I appreciate the feedback,

Regards.

Comment

Can you tell us why it's a fake?
                    What's the give away?
                    Cheers,
                    Marc

Comment

Originally posted by Max Wünsche View Post
                      I know the dealer is reputable amongst most WAF members.
                      IMO, never more so than in the world of period signatures, each item has to be judged on its own merit alone and not on the perceived reputation of the respective dealer.

Max Wunsche is a very sought after period signature (even post war signed examples are very collectable) and I am sure has met the attention of the faker in todays collectors market.

To purchase this particular piece you must be happy in every way possible that it meets what you are looking for as an addition to your collection. If you entertain any doubts, they will come back to convince you it was a mistake to purchase.

Just my 2p.

Regards Richard.
                      Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Very true.

Originally posted by stgeorge64 View Post
                        IMO, never more so than in the world of period signatures, each item has to be judged on its own merit alone and not on the perceived reputation of the respective dealer.

Max Wunsche is a very sought after period signature (even post war signed examples are very collectable) and I am sure has met the attention of the faker in todays collectors market.

To purchase this particular piece you must be happy in every way possible that it meets what you are looking for as an addition to your collection. If you entertain any doubts, they will come back to convince you it was a mistake to purchase.

Just my 2p.

Regards Richard.

Comment

Compare these signatures with the one you posted and you will quickly see a dead give away that it's no good.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X