Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arbeitsbuchs said to be Fake, Help Needed

Hi,
    I sold a couple of Arbeitsbuchs and sure enough the buyer said they were big fakes. Why they look to new for documents carried at all times and the stamps were not in German format. I cant see a problem can you enlighten me.
    cheers Robert
    Attached Files

Fake Workbooks

more
    Attached Files

Comment

Arbeitsbuch

Another of the Books
      Attached Files

Comment

Arbeitsbuchs

I have more photographs but I dont see the point. I thought these all good can someone verify this?
        cheers Robert
        Attached Files

Comment

They are not fakes. The stamps are just a bit earlier than those common TR stamps. Guess they hadn't had time to change them out yet.

I have never ever seen faked Arbeitsbuch's.
          Last edited by Jon-Olav Holden; 02-11-2011, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Hi Robert,

The stamps are as John has said and the books look fine.

One lesson to be learned is that once again there are fools out there still buying items they dont have any knowledge of.

Comment

I thought they were a type 1 Arbeitsbuch and they look fine to me also. Just send the buyer some detail about them and too come and look at these forums for confimation

Mel the kiwi

Comment

Those stamps , containing the Weimar eagle and swastikas to the side, are typical for validating entries in 1st pattern Arbeitsbuchs.
                Even earlier style stamps will just show the Weimar eagle and no swastikas.

You will also see these stamps used in 1st pattern Wehrpass for validating entries.

Your buyer most probaly expected to see the later style stamp with the luft adler(outstretched wings) and if he did then that goes again to his obvious lack of experience with these type of documents.

The stamps shown are consistent with the periods of issue shown in the books.
                Last edited by keifer kahn; 02-11-2011, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Insulted

Yes I told him the stamps were the early type and I saw no problem, guess hes not satisfied. I was going to add his reply but whats the point now Ive been warned about negative feedback all for $35 for 2 workbooks all up. Thanks for confirming what I knew or should have known.
                  cheers Robert

<HR>
                  Last edited by RobertCOUTTS; 02-11-2011, 05:25 AM. Reason: add comment

Comment

Robert,

Dont you love it when you get the "Im no fool" mentality and clearly by his actions and commentary , he is a fool.

Id probaly take the feedback hit and keep the idiots money just out of spite and leave the URL of this thread in the feedback comments.

He paid for 2 original wehrpass and thats what he received.

Comment

I have to agree with the others on this. Nice original books with the early Weimar eagle stamp. I see a lot of items using this eagle up to 1936, nothing wrong with them.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X