Umsiedler & Rueckkehrerausweis Grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umsiedler & Rueckkehrerausweis Grouping

Here's an interesting grouping I recently acquired to members of the same family (Ackermann) who resettled in Germany from Estonia, in 1941/42.

The Rueckkehrerausweis is I believe to the grandmother. She relocated to German from Reval (Tallinn) in 1942. Since Estonia had been occupied by the Soviets in 1940, the country of her birth is given as Russia. Notice the SD approval stamps. Also, the payment of 6 RM for relocating, as detailed on the reverse of the Ausweis.

The second item is the Umsiedlerausweis which I believe is for her grandson. It is dated January 1941 (prior to the German invasion of the Soviet Union).

The final document in the grouping is the Heldentod Urkunde for the grandson. As a member of Heeres-Pionier-Bataillon 746, he was killed in 1943 whilst fighting in the east.

Although, I've seen a few photos of Rueckkehrerausweis and Umsiedlerausweis on the web, this is the first time I've personally had such items. Very interesting IMHO.

Best,
    Toby.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Indeed very interesting and very rare!

Many thanks for sharing :-)

Comment

Hello Thorsten,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, all items are related.

The Rueckkehrerausweis is to Lucie Aleis, although "Frauen auch Maedchenname" is given as Ackermann (would this be her maiden name (i.e. before marriage)?). She was born 2. July 1870.

The Umsiedlerausweis is Diter Ackermann, born 9. February 1924. The Heldentod Urkunde is also to Diter Ackermann.

Best,
          Toby.

Comment

Ackermann is her maiden name: Lucie Aleis nee Ackermann.

Diter Ackerman cannot be her son (Lucie was born 1870 and Diter was born 1924 !).

But some relation should have been.

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks for clarification Gerdan.

Re. relationship, I think I wrote grandson, not son. However, having thought more about it, I think she would have been his great aunt, since her married name is different.

Comment

This is the first one I've seen with "Baltennachumsiedler" on the front but these are not rare. The Nazis resettled hundred of thousands throught their Einwandererzenralstelle.
                Jeff

Comment

Thanks for your comment Jeff. An interesting little lot IMHO, whether rare or not.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X