VirtualGrenadier

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unknown Kriegsmarine Document - discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown Kriegsmarine Document - discharge?

Hi guys,

I am not really an autograph/document collector, but found a large vet grouping recently.

Included in it were various WW1 documents, including original signatures from Kaiser Wilhelm, von Hindenburg, and some later ones with Admiral Donitz. All are from the same veteran who was in the Kriegsmarine.

This came with the lot (was not expecting it), and I have no idea what it is. I "think" it is either a call to service, or a discharge document...can anyone confirm?

The Hitler signature appears to be an ink stamp, however the Doenitz is original.

It's a very nice example of a promotion document. I'd guess the Hitler signature is autopen, and Dönitz original.

Very nice. Feel free to post the rest here if you like!

best
    Hank

Edit: BTW, it's for a civil type job, non-military.
    Last edited by Hank Cummings; 02-09-2011, 09:00 PM. Reason: more
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

I have seen some websites sell a similar one for $3000? Is that right? Seems sorta high.

Here are pics of the other stuff...no idea what they are.

One document appears to be an award dument for a 2nd class Freidrich August medal. Appears for serving on the Seydlitz while attacking a Queen Elizabeth Class Battleship (Battle of Jutland?)??

If any one knows what the signatures are, it would also help out.

I am not a document collector...

Comment

$3000 for a promotion citation such as that is way too high. You can usually pick them up from $300 and upwards depending on who the recipient was, signers etc. There is currently one on the market with original hand signed Hitler & Goering signatures and that is $1700.

Comment

Still, a very nice group to a career mariner.
          Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by JUNGCO View Post
            Still, a very nice group to a career mariner.
            Jeff
            Agreed! Too bad the docs for the EK 2 & 1 from WW1 aren't there (or did I overlook them?).

best
            Hank
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X