Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a photo of this event?

Hey Guys,
    I just picked up this original photo and with Hank and Gerdans help, was able to figure out the writing on the reverse. The writing says "Hindenburgtod Trauerparade Am Barbarossa-Denkmal Kaiserpfalz Goslar".
    Which we gathered that the photo was taken in August of 1934 at an event in the honor of the death of Hindenburg at the Barbarossa monument in Goslar called "kaiserpfalz".

Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone had any other photos or info on this particular event/parade/memorial regarding the death of Hindenburg?? I found the photo interesting and was hoping there would be more photos of this event! Thanks alot!
    Attached Files

Goslar

Very nice pic-Rommel was at Goslar at the time as a Bn Cmdr
    in the 17th Inf Regt.
    Harmel

Comment

is this from there?..where rommel first met hitler apperently
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by harmel View Post
        Very nice pic-Rommel was at Goslar at the time as a Bn Cmdr
        in the 17th Inf Regt.
        Harmel
        Really? Thats pretty neat. Thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by karlo View Post
          is this from there?..where rommel first met hitler apperently

Yup this was at the same place just a different event I think. This was on Thanksgiving day in 34. Which is another reason I was interested in knowing more on
          the Hindenburg honor event which was supposedly the same year.

I just dont know if this was the same day as Hindenburgs funeral, or if it was a post funeral honor parade or sumthin?? I never knew about this until I got the pic. I didnt know if anyone had any similar photos out there or knew anything about it. Itr would be interesting to see some other photos of when Hitler was at the Barbarossa denkmal in Goslar too.

I just learned that Goslar was one of the few towns that survived not being hit in ww2, even after the Soviets came it remained undamaged
          Last edited by 12thPanzer; 01-23-2011, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Goslar is such a beautiful town, I was there in September 2009. Just amazing.

Comment

Goslar was not catured 10 April 1945 not by the Sowjets, only by US troops . Sowjet troops never entered Goslar.

Gerdan

Comment

Look familiar?

Today ...
                Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Goslar

Lovely Mike
                  Harmel

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                    Goslar was not catured 10 April 1945 not by the Sowjets, only by US troops . Sowjet troops never entered Goslar.

Gerdan
                    Im sorry, I should have been more specific. All I meant was that even after the soviets+allies rumbling through Germany, Goslar was left untouched. My point being that after all the damage done in German towns, this was one that was lucky enough to be unharmed. Just a little something I learned from reading through this thread here: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=674434
                    showing other towns that were undamaged and others that were.

Anyways, Thanks for posting the modern image of it Mike H. Beautiful. They must have a heck of a time cutting that grass. haha

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X