Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mein Kampf Publication Question

Dear all,

Does anyone know the year of the FIRST and LAST publication of Mein Kampf?

I have 2 peoples(volks) edition, one dated 1933 and another 1943.

Is the last edition printed in 1944?

Thanks in advance

Regards
    Ian

Mein Kampf is still in print.

I only wish I had the royalty rights.

Comment

Ian,

the first edition of the first volume of Mein Kampf was published on July 18, 1925. I don't know about the final Eher edition but have seen copies from 1944.

Comment

Hi Robin,

I guess I was not clear , I meant pre-1945 copies

Hi Alexander,
        Thanks for the information
        I guess as much 1944 would be the last publication too but did not know the first edition was published as early as 1925!

Regards
        Ian

Comment

Ian.

I was only joking.

I see no reason why printing would have stopped in 1944.

Other NSDAP books were being printed in 1945, and the last book that would have stopped printing would have been Mein Kampf. To stop printing that particular book in 1944 would have been like an admission of defeat, the last thing the NSDAP printers would have wanted.

I have not seen any 1945-dated copies personally, but I am sure there will be some out there.

Best regards,

Robin.

Comment

Hi Robin,

I think I lost my sense of humor after a hard days work

The reason I asked is because I want to collect the first and last issue of mein kampf but I think that is going to be really difficult to find. All the issues I have seen are between 1933 to 1943.

Wonder if anyone in the forum has a pre-1933 issue or a 1944/1945 issue, I think they must be rare !

Regards
            Ian

Comment

Ian.

There will be plenty of pre-1933 editions around, although the 1944-5 editions might be harder to find.

I would suggest a 'wants' advert on this forum.

Regards,

Robin.

Comment

Thanks Robin, I will do that.
                Ian

Comment

Go to ABE look for Mein Kampf going with highest price first and you find several entries for the first edition of 1925-1927. One of the entires has Adi's own handwritten inscription. Warning: the price is far beyond the casual collector.

Good hunting

Comment

Hi Ramon,

please tell me where/ what is ABE?

SOunds interesting...

Regards
                    Ian

Comment

Abe Books store

www.abebooks.com

Kris.

Comment

Hi Ian,

like the others alraedy said: pre 1933 editions are not that rare.
                        Even 1944 editions aren´t that hard to find - I´ve never seen a 1945 edition.
                        The prices for the pre 1933 editions on ABEbooks are phantasy-prices !!!
                        I wouldn´t pay more than USD 300 for a 1925 edition of Mein Kampf (Part 1).
                        Part 2 of Mein Kampf was first published in 1927.
                        In your Volks-edition you have both parts in one book.
                        I know many collectors who are searching Volks-editions of each year (1932 - 1944).

Greetings,
                        ustufvorwaerts ...
                        silent leges et artes inter arma - im Waffenlärm schweigen die Gesetze und die Künste

Comment

Hi ustufvorwaerts,

You are right about the prices of ABE, they are very very expensive.

Is the first Volks edition dated 1932?

Is ustufvorwaerts your name or just an ID? I don't think I can pronounce that

Regards
                          Ian

Comment

Hi Ian,

I´m not quite sure - I have to look it up. The "oldest" Volksausgabe I have is a 1932 edition - 9th edition, 95. - 104. thousand.
                            ustufvorwaerts is just an id - Untersturmfuehrer Vorwaerts was a famous member of the SS-Unit "Sturmbataillon 500".

Greetings,

ustufvorwaerts
                            silent leges et artes inter arma - im Waffenlärm schweigen die Gesetze und die Künste

Comment

Mein Kampf: 1925-27 Combined First Edition (?)

In researching information for a copy of "Mein Kampf" in my possession, I found this interesting thread. I have also read through descriptions of all expensive and rarer editions of this book on the ABE website. The closest I can come to an edition of similar, but not exact, description are the 1936 special wedding presentation edition; and the special anniversary edition published in 1939 on the occasion of Hitler's birthday. Therefore, I am left with some lingering questions.

The book in my possession is a 2-in-one edition in old-style German text. It measures 7-3/4 x 10 inches. There are no insignia anywhere on the covers. There is no edition date nor sequential numeration printed in the volume which I have, other than what can be seen in the attached scans in the place where the 1925 & 1927 copyright dates are printed. It is fully-bound in dark blue leather impressed in gold with only the title and author's name. The top of the pages is in gold and the other two sides of pages are in rough-cut, parchment-looking style. There is alternating blue and gold linen or other material binding visible at the top and bottom of the spine. The book comes in a very solid and durable paper slip cover/sleeve.

Remarkable is that there is no frontispiece portrait of the author with the facsimile signature, nor tissue-guard for same. There is, however, a small rib of tissue where the tissue-guard was, would or could have been. Close examination under magnification along the spine of the pages in this area reveals no signs of a frontispiece ever having been there in the first place and perhaps subsequently removed.

What I am wondering and would like to find-out are the answers to the following questions:

1. What is the year of publication of this luxurious edition?
                              2. Was it a special presentation edition for party members or VIPs?
                              3. Does anyone know for certain if the very early (pre-1933) editions of this book might not have contained a frontispiece portrait of Hitler with the facsimile signature?

Any information which can be shared on this will be greatly appreciated. My scans of the book follow.

Thanks in advance,

John
                              Last edited by jwburchell; 06-05-2008, 08:40 PM. Reason: text added

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X