Photo/Postcard grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo/Postcard grouping

I don't usually collect paper items but I just got this lot of pictures and postcards. There are some large 8x10's from WW1, some US postcards from WW2, German postcards from WW2 and some what appear to be archive WW2 German pictures. Some are marked and numbered as if they were bought/produced as you would develop a roll of film. Can anybody tell me if these are something a soldier or civilian could go buy in WW2 Germany or some kind of official photo? thanks
    Attached Files

there's lot of good content such as Political leaders, early SA and SS,vehicles,etc
    Attached Files

Comment

here's a typical stamp on the back of the previous picture
      Attached Files

Comment

here's one of the hand numbered, as if they came in a lot or group to begin with
        Attached Files

Comment

here's the reverse side of the previous picture
          Attached Files

Comment

here's a nice 5x8 of Waffen SS troops, stamp is different on the back
            Attached Files

Comment

and the reverse
              Attached Files

Comment

here's a picture of an elaborate tapestry, I'm considering selling these to fund another project, any ideas on whether to sell as a group by the piece? thanks for the help!
                Attached Files

Comment

From the different stamps on the back I think all pictures are of a certain official origin so from the newspaper "Straßburger Neueste Nachrichten", the SS-Kriegsberichter (war-correspondent) Augustin or the "Gauführerschule der N.S.D.A.P. Karlsruhe".

These are no privat photographs. I think they came from a newspaper editorial staff or a journalist.

Gerdan

Comment

thank you for the info

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X