UBoat photos on E-stand.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UBoat photos on E-stand.

Sorry to say that in my opinion these UBoat photos for sale on the E-stand aren't period originals.

They have clearly that later reprint look.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=485496

yours friendly

Eric-Jan

Not only in your opinion...

I also think they are fakes.

Comment

ROR ! (Reprints of Reprints)

Comment

Since I'm rather new in this field can you please explain how to see these are reprints? I can learn from this and avoid to get my fingers burnt by buying postwar reprints/fakes.
        Thanks a lot!!Greets,

Marcel

Comment

Look the thread "More KM RKT".

Comment

Thanks! I actually read that thread as well. It makes things more difficult when old paper is used which are used for reprints because the logos used on the back appear (or in fact are) ww2 period. I've been reading through many threads here to find more conclusive words whether to see pics are original or reprints. As a starter it is to be honest hard to know where to start, it's just the experience missing on many matters. Luckilly I learn a lot already from reading many threads here every day

Comment

Originally posted by HouweTrouwe View Post
              Look the thread "More KM RKT".
              The photos in my thread are a LOT different than the U Boat photos. For one thing the U Boat photos are smaller. ALL the "Russian Archive" photos I have seen are post card sized. Then there is the matter of the paper. I have not seen Agfa Lupex on the "RA" photos. I would be the last person to assume that the photo of a famous U boat is limited to only one print. No doubt they made MANY prints of these photos, and the photographer gave them to their Kameraden, or sold them, but that does not make them a repro, does it?

Comment

Originally posted by oldtrcollector View Post
                No doubt they made MANY prints of these photos, and the photographer gave them to their Kameraden, or sold them, but that does not make them a repro, does it?
                True! Of course it was possible that a soldier got more than one print of a photo to give away to friends, but these u-boat photos are still fake!!!

The photos are of bad quality, almost look like newpaper printing. Compare them with original photos and you will see the difference.

Comment

The photos in my thread are a LOT different than the U Boat photos. For one thing the U Boat photos are smaller. ALL the "Russian Archive" photos I have seen are post card sized. Then there is the matter of the paper. I have not seen Agfa Lupex on the "RA" photos. I would be the last person to assume that the photo of a famous U boat is limited to only one print. No doubt they made MANY prints of these photos, and the photographer gave them to their Kameraden, or sold them, but that does not make them a repro, does it?
                  What are you talking about? It's no matter SMALLER they or not. They are fakes. You say they are printed on period paper - please, show the reverse (but it will not change anything)... You see ONLY "Russian Archives" fakes? Search evilbay, other auctions & shops - you will see many fakes on WARTIME PAPER. Contrast & sharpness of your photos is VERY BAD + so called "Russian archives" cuttings = BAD QUALITY FAKES.

Comment

Don't feel attacked as I'm referring to my posts - an answer to your question btw - not yours.. Yes, but the difference is that those are still original while these are not.

Comment

Bill,

Please read my PM to you.

yours friendly

Eric-Jan

Comment

What do I do?

What do I do now? I can't cancel the ad on e stand, can I? I'm new here but don't think that I can. Tell me what to do. I read your pm Eric-Jan. PS: As an after-thought I have posted the back of photo #3. I have darkened it with my computer, or you would not have been able to see it. Now maybe you can understand why I thought they were originals.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by oldtrcollector; 01-08-2011, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X