No announcement yet.

An interesting photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There exist another foto of the same stairs, showing an old german civilian man, "cleaning" the stairs of the medals...

Comment

Originally posted by Waffe View Post
      You're welcome. I believe the Russians are sitting on the other side of the pillar (left side). One thing I noticed when comparing the two photos: the German's boots are missing. Now look at the Russian soldiers' boots- one pair is knee-high, the other pair is lower. It might be that one of the Russians in the picture is the one that commandeered the boots!

Kent G.

You know what, I think you might be right about the jacked boots. Good call. Im sure it is very very possible that the russian liked the "higher" cut boots and they were probly of better quality than the russians materials. Thats an amazing photo grouping. I wonder if anyone could post the other photo of the man cleaning the stairs of the medals?? This has been a cool thread

Comment

Taking the conquered & dead enemy's footwear, ah....a timelss classic.
        Jp

Comment

Very similar photo of two Tommies a few days later as the same spot all bemedaled up and you can see all the boxes on the ground.

Seems the Soviet soldiers where not allowed to keep such things.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X