Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed to identify a name on an grave

Hello,

Recently I was looking thru my collection and I found a picture of a German grave. But unfortunately I can't read the last name of the soldier. I can only read his first name, which is Richard, but his last name not. Every name I thought was right wasn’t, so I need the help of you. Unfortunately there is a German soldier kneeling for the cross, so it's hard to read. The picture was made in 1941 and the soldier died in 1940.

I hope that somebody could read the name, and help me out. I'll try to find some history behind all the Photo’s I have, so it would be nice to do this with this picture to.

Thanks and greets!

Richard Böttcher
    or Böltcher but i think Böttcher is wright.
    K.

Comment

There's exactly 1 Richard Boettcher in the Volksbund site that died in 1940:
      <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=headtabelle width="36%">Nachname:</TD><TD class=bodytabelle width="64%">Böttcher </TD></TR><TR><TD class=headtabelle width="36%">Vorname:</TD><TD class=bodytabelle width="64%">Richard </TD></TR><TR><TD class=headtabelle width="36%">Dienstgrad:</TD><TD class=bodytabelle width="64%">Soldat </TD></TR><TR><TD class=headtabelle width="36%">Geburtsdatum:</TD><TD class=bodytabelle width="64%">17.10.1906 </TD></TR><TR><TD class=headtabelle width="36%">Geburtsort:</TD><TD class=bodytabelle width="64%">Wegeleben </TD></TR><TR><TD class=headtabelle width="36%">Todes-/Vermisstendatum:</TD><TD class=bodytabelle width="64%">04.06.1940 </TD></TR><TR><TD class=headtabelle width="36%">Todes-/Vermisstenort:</TD><TD class=bodytabelle width="64%">Lens </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
      Richard Böttcher ruht auf der Kriegsgräberstätte in Bourdon (Frankreich) .
      Endgrablage: Block 8 Reihe 19 Grab 712

best,
      Hank
      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Thanks for the reply's but It's not the right soldier I think. I've checked the foto once again and it says 1(?)-05-1940. And he was a Schütze, following the back off the photo. Maybe this would clear it up. I thougt that it was Böttcher to, but I couldn't find the right person.

Still thanks for the information!

Comment

I Need to thank you both verry much, because you where right indeed! It was another Soldier, but it was the other Richard Böttcher on the volksbund site! There are two persons that could be it, but whit the other information i found him. So thanks for identify his name!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X