German Banknotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Banknotes

Hey guys I found one guy trying to sell some banknotes as the germany currency, and I a quickly research on internet and aparently looks ok, but I would like to now ur opinion, and more informations about the notes, if possible...
    Thanks

They are authentic Reichsbank notes. Because of the colapse of the German economy, the notes were practically worthless from the moment they were printed.

Comment

Originally posted by deradler1 View Post
      They are authentic Reichsbank notes. Because of the colapse of the German economy, the notes were practically worthless from the moment they were printed.
      Ad,

Yes they are original Bank notes, but what you mention is the post WW1 money from the German inflation period.

The money that is shown here by Uncle Ollie is from 1935 and into the war.
      And 50 Reichsmark was in those days a lot of money.

These Reichsbank notes do have some value from a couple of US $ up to 10 or 15 $ for the 50 and 100 RM : when they are in MINT condition.

Folded, stained, torn, dog's ear, etc . condition is nearly worthless and only interesting to complete a wallet, to show with personal equipment or documents, together with wartime stamps, for re-enactment etc. etc etc.

yours friendly

Eric-Jan

Comment

Just to give an example:

a German high school teacher in the year 1935 was earning 266 Reichsmark in one month.

Gerdan

Comment

Interesting Gerdan, that puts it in perspective! and Eric-jan is correct that these are really not to valueable in their condition!
          though interesting as conversation or display peices I would not pay much for them, a little digging around and they can be had cheap! check ebay beleive it or not to find at good buy it now prices from time to time!
          And stay far away from any bills that are supposedly unit stamped for SS, FJ, HJ or other bogus branch, division or unit stamps added by dishonest sellers!!!!!! never happened and stamped to make interesting for the uneducated buyers out there!!!
          Kevin

Comment

They are pretty cheap, cuz for the 100 Reichsmark the guy want $8 and the other notes they want $30 and I want for my collection, so I think is good price heheheheh

And thanks guys very helpfull...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X