Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question - Paraderock with two Colors

hello

the visor cap seems to be red or black, the uniform is white, is this possible?
    he also had sleeves on the shoulderboards.
    i would be interested to hear more ops.

possible he is already at the pioniers?
    Attached Files

The more I look at it the more mystified I get. The proportions between head and body seems wrong , Could it be a sort of copy-paste ( the small head from another photo inserted ?)
    Just a thought.

happy new year

Jan A

Comment

Sorry. by closer inspection I suddenly realise, that your photo just is shown in an odd angle.
      Jan a.

Comment

the uniform is grey or steel green and the cap also (the cap is in a bad angle for the lights)

Comment

Originally posted by imi View Post
          the uniform is grey or steel green and the cap also (the cap is in a bad angle for the lights)
          Rove was referring to the piping colors of the tunic and cap: The Waffenrock (dress tunic) is piped in the infantry's white branch color and the cap in some darker color, possibly red. Normally they should have identical piping.
          The reason for the difference is up to anybody's guess. Perhaps the man in the photograph had switched to another branch and not fully "updated" all uniform items. Another good possibility is that he had borrowed either the cap or the tunic from another soldier for this occasion.
          (Maybe he did not have a Waffenrock of his own, as these were discontinued and no longer issued at a very early stage in the war and had borrowed it from a longer-serving comrade in order to look as sharp as possible for this photograph? The picture was taken no earlier than 1942, as he is wearing the ribbon for the Winter Campaign Medal in his buttonhole.)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X