1937 Dated Hitler Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1937 Dated Hitler Photos

Not sure what the occasion of these 2 photos was, but would someone be able to give me a brief description in English of the text on the reverse side of the first photo?

Many thanks in advance!!
    Attached Files

2nd photo

This has no text, but was obviously taken at the same time. Thanks again!
    Attached Files

Comment

re the event ....

Actually I should have realised the event. It was a mass burial for the dead from the "Deutschland" in Wilhelmshaven after the attack on it in the Spanish Civil War.

Comment

Hi

I think it says

22.5.37 Bombardierung des Panzerschiffes
        16.6.37 Um 19.00 Uhr Einberufen des Panzerschiffes mit 31 Toten gleichzeitig Trauerparade.
        17.6.37 Beisetzung der Toten 11 Uhr eintreffen
        Des Führers in Begleitung der Generalfeldm. von Blomberg, Generaladmiral Dr. H.C. Raeder, Reichsführer SS Himmler und Führer der Leibstandarte Sep. Dietrich.

22.5.37 Bombing of the ship (Deutschland)
        16.6.37 Reporting at 19.00 hrs of the ship with 31 dead and at the same time a funeral parade
        17.6.37 Burial of the dead at 11.00hrs
        The Fuhrer accompanied by GFM von Blomberg, Generaladmiral Dr. Honoris Causa. Raeder, RFSS Himmler and Fuhrer LAH Sep Dietrich
        Last edited by cesky67; 12-30-2010, 10:21 AM. Reason: missing word

Comment

Hi

I think it says

22.5.37 Bombardierung des Panzerschiffes
          16.6.37 Um 19.00 Uhr Einberufen des Panzerschiffes mit 31 Toten gleichzeitig Trauerparade.
          17.6.37 Beisetzung der Toten 11 Uhr eintreffen
          Des Führers in Begleitung der Generalfeldm. von Blomberg, Generaladmiral Dr. H.C. Raeder, Reichsführer SS Himmler und Führer der Leibstandarte Sep. Dietrich.

22.5.37 Bombing of the ship (Deutschland)
          16.6.37 Reporting at 19.00 hrs of the ship with 31 dead and at the same time a funeral parade
          17.6.37 Burial of the dead at 11.00hrs
          The Fuhrer accompanied by GFM von Blomberg, Generaladmiral Dr. Honoris Causa.(honorary degree) Raeder, RFSS Himmler and Fuhrer LAH Sep Dietrich

Comment

re photos

Many thanks for that!!

Comment

Note AH Brassard at half mast...

Comment

The ship (Panzerschiff Deutschland) was on it's fourt expedition in Spanish Waters.
                from May 10 till june 17 1937
                For the Island Ibiza the "Redspanish" airforce attacked the ship and hits it twice. resulted in 31 death and 83 wounded.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X