Abwehrtrupp Info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abwehrtrupp Info needed

Very common award doc, but to a very interesting unit. Does anyone have any further information they could share on them. I would also guess that Abwehrtrupp units would be a fairly scarce type of unit to come across? Any info appreciated. Thanks in advance.

12-19-2010 11;55;04AM.jpg

My initial reaction was that I am not a big fan of the Walter Weiss signature but after comparing it to Huesken's that can be seen at http://www.huesken.com/shop/en/autog...iss-37336.html I guess its probably OK. I'm still not 100% on it as it looks like it was written with a very fine point rather than a standard fountain pen and more slowly and shaky than other Weiss signatures I have seen including one I own. But the signature block typeface matches exactly. Any other views on this?

Colin
    Last edited by crfraser; 12-19-2010, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Hi Colin, thanks for the info. Bought it 20 years ago. Imho, the doc is fine. If it is a fake, then it is a very good one.

My guess is that docs to Abwehrtruppen are fairly scarce based on the small number of units during the war? Would also appreciate any further info on such units if available on them. Thanks in advance.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you are OK as it would not pay to forge this, particulalry 20 years ago.

I understand that an Abwehr Trupp was a senior headquarters-affiliated small unit specially trained in explosives and sabotage. Often used in anti-partisan ops. Think of it as almost a local Brandenburger-type unit of special forces. Very nice doc to own I think! Sorry to sew some some question with my first post.

Colin

Comment

Hi Colin, thanks again. No probs, all opinions appreciated.

Those were my thoughts on the doc as well. I do recall seeing faked SS docs and RK mappes back then, but nothing in the way of KVK's.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X