bergen belsen accused mug shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrischa View Post
    I really am leading the discussion away from the first post.

Sorry chaps!

An instance. A guard is brutal to the inmates, such as at Dachau from 1938. He is not a war criminal, but in our eyes (and rightly so) a criminal non the less.
    He continues in his job as a guard during the war and is tried post war as a war criminal.

I think his description as a war criminal in wrong and also slightly excuses his actions.
    The first post is the thread and deals with mugshots from Bergen Belsen and your in Dachau splitting hairs over brutality and what is a war crime?. The thread was clearly tagged for what it was, why don't you start another one on what brutality is and what is a crime and what is a war crime.

You crack me up, its a very simple premise and these girls, the ones that started this topic are not prom material and their actions surpass brutality. They hung for it and you want to split hairs in another concentration camp and what constitutes a war crime.

Whatever

Comment

Originally posted by J. Wraith View Post
      Whatever
      The all winning arguement line.

As I have made clear, I have absolutely admitted changing the subject of the thread although we are both guilty of that but thanks for making a big point of it.

I certainly am not out to split hairs but merely enjoy a progressive conversation.

I seem to have upset you which wasn't my intention.

All the best,
      Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by chrischa View Post
        The all winning arguement line.

As I have made clear, I have absolutely admitted changing the subject of the thread although we are both guilty of that but thanks for making a big point of it.

I certainly am not out to split hairs but merely enjoy a progressive conversation.

I seem to have upset you which wasn't my intention.

All the best,
        Chris.
        Chris,

Let me ask you a question, do you see anything attractive about that group of German camp cows a couple pages back?. There is nothing attractive about them at all, they are sadistic pigs who were quite worthy of a bullet through the skull.

Maybe they became the way they were cause they could not get a date with anyone sober enough to stand up, I really do not know. What I do know is the topic was these women if you want to call them that and their lovely mug shots and in my personal opinion they are all butt ugly, I would probably need a quart of Vodka to get near one of them and I am sure I am not the only one who sees what I am looking at.

Now maybe we could have a nice progressive debate about that but the term "whatever" seemed appropriate when I typed as I have no clue what your talking about.

No offense taken and have a nice night. ;o)

John

Comment

Soumds like you are disagreeing on whether or not to put the word "war" in front of crminal? Who cares.

Re. the ugly comments....I agree that they were a little frivolous but certainly that must be allowed now and them.

Colin

Comment

Okay, okay.

I did find the one in the mddle in the second group photo slightly attractive ... (Joke!)

Comment

From Wikipedia.

Female guards were generally low class to middle class[1] and had no work experience; their professional background varied: one source mentions former matrons, hairdressers, streetcar ticket-takers, opera singers, or retired teachers.[2] Volunteers were recruited by ads in German newspapers asking for women to show their love for the Reich and join the SS-Gefolge ("SS-Retinue," an SS support and service organisation for women). Additionally, some were conscripted based on data in their SS files. The League of German Girls acted as a vehicle of indoctrination for many of the women.[3] One head female overseer, Helga Hegel, referred to her female guards as "SS" women at a post-war hearing. She placed the SS in quotes because the women were not official members of the SS, but many of them belonged to the Waffen-SS. In fact, fewer than twenty women ever served as true SS members, mostly because Schutzstaffel membership was indeed closed to women. The relatively low number of female guards who belonged to the Allgemeine-SS or SS-Gefolge served in the camps. Other women, such as Therese Brandl and Irmtraut Sell, belonged to the Totenkopf ("Death's Head") units.

Comment

More.

Female guards were collectively known by the rank of SS-Helferin (German: "Female SS Helper") and could hold positional titles equivalent to regular Ranks and insignia of the Schutzstaffel / SS ranks. Such positions were known as Rapportführerin "Report Leader", Erstaufseherin, "First Guard", Lagerführerin, "Camp Leader" and Oberaufseherin the "Senior Overseer". The highest position ever attained by a woman was Chef Oberaufseherin, "Chief Senior Overseer" such as Luise Brunner and Anna Klein. In the Nazi command structure, no female guard could ever give orders to a male one since, by design, the rank of SS-Helferin was below all male SS ranks and women were not recognized as regular SS members but only auxiliaries.
                No German Concentration Camp ever was run by a female commandant. Ravensbrück, the only camp reserved for female inmates, was run mainly by male SS troopers, aided by a minority of female assistants.
                [edit]

Comment

Finally.

Near the end of the war, women were forced from factories in the German Labor Exchange and sent to training centers. Women were also trained on a smaller scale at the camps of Neuengamme; Auschwitz I, II, III and IV; Plaszow; Flossenbürg; Gross Rosen; Vught and Stutthof as well as a few in Dachau, a few in Mauthausen and a few women were trained in Buchenwald and their subcamps. Most of these women came from the regions around the camp. In 1944 the first female overseers were stationed at Neuengamme, Dachau, Mauthausen, a very, very few at Natzweiler Struthof, and even fewer at Dora Mittelbau (one is known). Between seven and twenty Aufseherinnen served in Vught, twenty-four SS women trained at Buchenwald (three at a time), thirty-four in Bergen Belsen, nineteen at Dachau, twenty in Mauthausen, three in Dora Mittelbau, seven at Natzweiler-Struthof, twenty at Majdanek, 200 at Auschwitz and its subcamps, 140 at Sachsenhausen, 158 at Neuengamme, forty-seven at Stutthof compared to 958 who served in Ravensbrück (2,000 were trained there), 561 in Flossenbürg, and 541 at Gross Rosen. Many female supervisors were trained and/or worked at subcamps in Germany, Poland, and a few in eastern France, a few in Austria, and a few in some camps in Czechoslovakia.

Comment

Great information Jim.

I wish I could have added something productive like the above.

Chris.

Comment

would have been much quicker and simpler just to link to it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_...ntration_camps
                      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post
                        would have been much quicker and simpler just to link to it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_...ntration_camps

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

Hundestaffel

But then I wouldn't have been assured that people would have read them. Considering the shallow places the discussion was going to, I figured getting back to the facts was a good idea. I mean, do we really believe that a person's looks are an indication of their potential for brutality? And is a woman's attractiveness, or lack there of, an indication also? C'mon boys.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelhelmJim View Post
                            But then I wouldn't have been assured that people would have read them. Considering the shallow places the discussion was going to, I figured getting back to the facts was a good idea. I mean, do we really believe that a person's looks are an indication of their potential for brutality? And is a woman's attractiveness, or lack there of, an indication also? C'mon boys.
                            You must however kept in mind that they were spesifically recruited with looks to scare the living daylight out of the prisoners. Jacques

Comment

jacquesf

Perhaps just being in a concentration camp for any amount of time would turn anyone ugly. Don't ya think?

Comment

Originally posted by SteelhelmJim View Post
                                Shallow? That's as deep as I get!

(At least it's my own thoughts rather than Wiki')

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X