Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DK Träger photo originaly & identification

Hello, guys.

Friend of mine received this photo. Size 11x15 cm. UV test is neutral. Want to hear your opinions about originality (wartime or postwar) and I will be appreciated if someone can identify him?

obverse.jpgreverse.jpg

Paper markings closer. Does anybody see such on wartime paper?

close1.jpgclose2.jpg

Comment

Why an inscription of green color?

Comment

My opinion, good known post war reproduction (with palette of back side imaginations).

PS : U nas est i kto rubit v fotkah, da i cenovoi razvros ot 20 do 8000 uah.

Comment

Markings closer. Nobody see such photo markings

mark.JPG

Comment

Hello Andrew,

I hope you can get your money back; this one doesn't look good. Unusual size, odd dedication and the front lacks several quality features.

Also many other fakes on the site were your friend bought this one...

Best,

JWL B.

Comment

Originally posted by J-W.Bode View Post
              Hello Andrew,

I hope you can get your money back; this one doesn't look good. Unusual size, odd dedication and the front lacks several quality features.

Also many other fakes on the site were your friend bought this one...

Best,

JWL B.
              I don't have any problems with these facts. I bought late-war portraits (1944) before which had these kinds of features: 'Thick' paper and not good quality, the format is not that unusual. The ones I had and looked exactly like these, were made in Eastern Europe. I think I still have one example on my computer - It's gone to a new owner and if he minds posting me this scan in this thread I'll ask for deletion.

The writing is most probably post war added (his name and award, timeframe). Sadly, I do not recognize the photo manufracturer. I give it a change to be original.

@ JW, the problem with the dealer is that he buys straight from ebay, without any expertice and then sells it on his own website.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello Andrew,
                Personally, I think the photo is good. But the writing is post-war because it is done(appears to be) in roller-ball ink. Often a relative will find a box full of photos years later and i.d. them for future family, etc.......
                ...........or maybe fantasy writing(I couldn't say which). I haven't seen that stamp, but that does not mean a thing.
                I like the quality look of photo, unlike the one in #7.
                Hope this helps.
                John
                p.s. IMHO, HouweTrouwe is correct, people on ebay or elsewhere just offer photos without any knowledge, or care, if they are good or not.

Comment

Thanks for answers. Any ideas about his name?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X