BD Publishing

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unusual "WINTERSCHLAT" Medal Award Document.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual "WINTERSCHLAT" Medal Award Document.

Hi,
    I have a number of reference books on documents but Ive never come across a similar Award Document for the 'Ost' Medal. Was curious as to anyone has come across similar document. Was this type peculiar to the individual Regiment or Division of the recipient. I bought a large group of documents to this soldier some years back. Im only now having them translated/checked out. Any chance of this being a rare document.
    cheers Robert
    Attached Files

Yes, this type is pretty uncommon as it was produced by just one division, the 267 Infanterie Division, it's divisional symbol you see in the background.

They do turn up now and again, a couple have been posted on forums recently, here i'm not sure but GCA certainly.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hi Robert

as Simon allready mentioned, this type was only unsed for units of the 267. ID. I've two of them in groupings from that division. Also not uncommon is the missing unit- or fieldpostnumberstamp on the left corner. Nice doc and not to often seen

cg Walle

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X