BunkerMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do with a state portrait of Hitler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do with a state portrait of Hitler?

This forum is missing a section for Art of the third reich! I did not know where to post this so I am trying here. So, my "problem"...

I have a large state portrait of Hitler that I have but I really do not want to own it anymore as it is quite large and I live in a small apartment. It is not the kind of thing you can hang in the living room. I offered it up to some German museums but they all said they have been suffering from the financial crisis and have no money to buy. I also know many collectors stick to the mainly military items and pass over art.

Anyway, any ideas? Mainstream auction houses shy away from it for obvious reasons. I would be open to trade it of course. Anyway its the kind of thing that should really be in a museum or in the right collection.

Thanks.

In germany the #1 for selling 3rd reich art and personal items is the munich based aution house Hermann Historica.

You can check their latest cataloques and sold-lists online:

http://www.hermann-historica.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
      In germany the #1 for selling 3rd reich art and personal items is the munich based aution house Hermann Historica.

You can check their latest cataloques and sold-lists online:

http://www.hermann-historica.com/
      Thanks for the tipp. I emailed them.

Comment

Well Hermann Historica doesnt like the idea of the painting being shipped to Europe so that is out. I will most likely trade it rather than sell it. I am new here so can anyone tell me if there is a place to offer trades, estand maybe?, but which category. I already know this is a specialty item not collected by most militaria collectors but it is worth a try. Thanks.

Comment

You could try the estand for sure but you need to be an association member to sell there.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

I had the same problem with a nine foot high SS banner. When I moved I had no wall high enough to hang it on.

Dave Delich took it off my hands - he was happy to get it - I wasn't so happy to let it go though.......

Comment

Originally posted by TonyS View Post
              I had the same problem with a nine foot high SS banner. When I moved I had no wall high enough to hang it on.

Dave Delich took it off my hands - he was happy to get it - I wasn't so happy to let it go though.......
              Is Dave Delich a dealer or private person? Do you think he would be interested in my painting? Where can I contact him? Thank you very much.

Comment

Well its now on the e stand if anyone wants to see.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X