Clear All

Sepp Allerberger

Does anyone knows if this are real?
    They are post war signed by Sepp Allerberger

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Attached Files

Look like they were signed by different hands.

Colin

Comment

Top example looks good to me and matches the bookplate I have signed for his book! Second one may also be good.
      These vets were signing many photos etc at one sitting, and I have seen many signatures change as the signing goes on! Imagine signing your name 100+ times, 2/3 of the way through your signature will change as you are in a hurry or perhaps sick of signing!
      Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by crfraser View Post
        Look like they were signed by different hands.

Colin
        I agree.
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Look at the "A" in Allerberger...in one instance it's made in a clockwise stroke, and in the other, counter-clockwise. That to me would set off alarm bells.

best
          Hank
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Agree with all obervations so far.
            I had bad ideas about the handwritting, still not totally convinced if you ask me

Here is the other one
            Attached Files

Comment

furthers infos on Sepp Allerberger

Hello guys !

Well I want to intodruce myself alittle bit cause I m new here on the forum and really usually have nothing to do with army and history things so far, so if you ask me detailed questions I hardly can answer...
              My name is Franz, I m from Austria, and I knew Sepp Allerberger for my whole life, I was a realy close to him and if you want I can proof some things ( just on my opinion and his wife´s). I was realy realy proud of my grandfather but he hardly told me any storys about war ( he was not a big talker about that....) but after heinrih wacker published his memoirs ( he visited him very often and they talked alot and I can proof that). Further storys on questions.....
              I want to tell all of you how a good and great grandfather, loving father friend comrad he was proofed by so many people ! ( if you are realy interessted in just ask in salzburg austria for sepp allerberger the carpenter...)

Beside all of that I was so angry about that i found out sepp allerbergers knights cross has been sold !!

About 10 years ago or longer the family allerberger went on a bustrip to germany to visit some comrade grave eg don´t remember mittersil or somewhere ...and all of his old comrades and friends pushed him to take the knights cross with him ( I can tell you he was very very proud of it but he never showed he always kept his head down held his right index finger tight with his left fist ....) and well there on the bus somebody stole it from him......well he was not angry about the loss of the money ( I can tell you, if I hadn´t searched on the internet for that stuff I would still beleave that these things are forbidden or reaktivation eg )
              but he was so sad about that a friend or mabe an comrade took it from him 60-70 years after he got it.......

So my concern on that whole story is not in blaming somebody or suing or getting money out of that, but please, maybe I can manage it in my lifetime to get his knights cross.....if it takes money or what ever so please on every hint for how I can find out who bought it eg, I can profide ALOT of pictures and maybe someinteressting storys nowhere written down....

Sorry for my english and I hope to hear from ya guys even if everything is A long long time ago....

Comment

Picture proof

Well I can see the signature on some pictures of my grandpa ! He autographed all of them alone and in the past 5 years his health wasn´t that good but he still tried ( well his wife asked her grandson to read and reply) he got alot of letters maybe 2/ month with pictures and some questions most of them in english I had to translate him...some and most of the questions made him angry scary or just stressed so mostly he just signed and replyed.....if you got it from writting him.....you never would have payed anything, if you payed for it ----well it still could be from one of the persons who wrote him maybe added 5 euros and asking for subscribing 10 pictures.....still pretty stupid selling it on ebay.......I even saw some saying " I got it 3 days before he passed away" atleast 1 year before I guess nobody got pictures....

but to those 2 pictures one when he was about 17 years old ? and one of him actualy in his living room !??! with the scratshy blue pen looks good ---!

Comment

hello and welcome to the forum.

What can you tell us about his ritterkreuz award?
                  From what i've read there is no documentation for it and is thus not accepted as an 'official' award. Also, my understanding is that what he was actually given was a converted Iron Cross 2nd class.
                  Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Franz, have you got a good picture of the Ritterkreuz of your Grandfather?
                    That's would be enough to start a worldwide research throu onest collectors.....

Comment

my grandma brought me a tonnes of pictures, I m just preparing the scanner eg. just give me some time on that please and I ll also ask about that award story........

the thing about the ritterkreuz.....he once told me the whole story, but there was indeed someproblem with the paper and it was so late in war eg. but I donßt want to say anything false, cause as I said he didn´t talk about these things to his family,.....
                      but if I can´t get more info out of my family I ll write to heinrich wacker.....but @ simon and t.k. I have a color picture of josef in his older days with the ritterkreuz.....

Any suggestions how I can show those pics for free to all of you without risking getting angry about ebay and all this stuff again !?!?

Comment

And by the way......in Saalfelden - Salzburg - Austria there is a sniper training thing from the austrian military named after allerberger.....he was pretty often there....I guess some guys from there also know A lot about him....he helped also the austrian m. to choose which riffle they use nowadays....

Comment

Franz,

If the pictures were given to you by your Greatfather, they are yours and you can also show them to whoever you want: owning a copy of a pictures does't give you automatically the copyright, so, as far as I know there's no problem.
                          Just put some stuff on them, like a watermark, "Francesco" or something like that in bold block letters: you can also "crop" your GF' face off the pictures so it gonna be safe to post them on the forum.

Regarding the Ritterkreuz we actually need a very detailed picture of the award, not just a picture of your GF wearing it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X