Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IAB Doc. Signature Rommel!!!!

hello all,

here is a iab document whith a signature from general e.rommel.
    date 142,libyen.

i want buy it if its an original one.

whats your opinion?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Forget it, it's bad.

IR 347, 197 ID was on the easternfront quite apart from anything else
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

are you sure? the III: batallion is a part of the africakorps in the year 1942 (january).

Comment

LdW does show "Das III. Bataillon wurde am 7. Mai 1941 an das Deutsche Afrika-Korps abgegeben."

That notwithstanding, I'm not loving the overly-abused look of the document, as well as the double stamp...can you get a closeup of that?

Depending on price or other supporting docs, I'd hesitate...but I've been wrong plenty o' times before.

best
          Hank
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by HORYIOSHI View Post
            are you sure? the III: batallion is a part of the africakorps in the year 1942 (january).

That's a good point, i hadn't spotted that. I know Rommel signed some pretty low level docs at times in Africa. The distress\ageing of the doc looks manufactured to me but on the other hand i can see why the DAK used the IAB in bronze doc more than silver.

Have you got a better scan of the stamp?
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

here is a close up from the stamp.

"..panzergruppe afrika"

the doc is not in my hand..i hafe only this pictures.
              Attached Files

Comment

Signature doesn't look bad although its hard to tell as it is very faded. Not sure why it would have faded so badly. My initial reaction was also negative for the burn marks, the over-stamp and the the type face but I think this one is worthy of further detailed evaluation.

Colin

Comment

Signature looks perfectly fine to me

Comment

rommel signature is god for me, correct

Comment

Ditto what's been said about III. IR 347 (part of 90. Leichte) and the 'damage'.

However...Infanterie Assault badges were nearly always awarded at a regimental level. Given the 90. Leichte structure I could possibly be persuaded it might have been awarded at a divisional level. But having it awarded at a Panzer Armee level it's stretching it abit (although as Simon says it is possible in Africa).

Also most awards will also mention the company rather than the battalion - so 9./ IR 347 etc. He may have been part of the staff as this is sometimes abbreviated like this rather than Stab III./ IR 347.

On the other hand Panzer Armee Afrika only came into existence on 30th January 1942 (day before this doc was authorised) so the use of the Panzer Gruppe Afrika (it's previous name) stamp is probably to be expected.

Personally, I would steer clear unless there are other docs.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X