Help with unit and Fp number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with unit and Fp number

I need some help with a unit in March/April 1.944.

Designation was 5.(Pz)Kp.V./Grossdeutschland at least at April 28, 1.944 when the soldier received the EK II signed by a Generalleutnant in the Kommandierende General des XXXXIII Armeekorps.

Same designation at April 20th, 1.944 when received the PABiS and is signed by a Hauptmann and Führer der Kampfgruppe, unafortunately the stamp Fp Nummer is not legible.

He received a letter from his Leutnant and Kompanie-Führer stating that he has received both medals and he was congratulated for this and wait for a quick recover from his wound (suffered on March 18th at 12h as stated in his wound tag) and the Feldpostnummer is 04 028 D and letter is dated May 12th, 1.944.

I hope someone can put some light about when, where and what was this unit during those days. Tomorrow I hope I can put scan from the citations, letters and photos from this soldier.

Thanks

Angel
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

As promised here are some pics from the group, maybe can help to solve this little mistery.

First a photo on guard in Rastenburg.

Angel
    Attached Files
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Then posing for the camera, looks like the piping is white around the collar.....

Angel
      Attached Files

Comment

His wound badge citation while still in a "normal" unit.

Angel
        Attached Files

Comment

Now his GD medals, first the Panzer Assault badge.

Angel
          Attached Files

Comment

His EK II.

Angel
            Attached Files

Comment

As stated he was wounded in March 18th at 12h and here is the little paper that give me these details and some more.....

Angel
              Attached Files

Comment

And here the letter sent to him by his company to congratulation of his double award.

Angel
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X