Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joachim Peiper photo including signature

Hij Guys,

Today I aquired this photograph of Joachim Peiper which is supposed to be signed by him.

Now I am that into signatures and telling if it is an original signature or not.

So any help would be appriciated.

If this is an ok signature could somebody put a value to it, cause this is not my collecting interest.

thanks for looking

Bob

P1040511.jpg

P1040512.jpg

Hi

Imho, I don't think this is a real photo. I think it's a scan from a booksite.

Greetings Andi

Comment

Horrid print that could only be a copy of a copy and post war to boot and the pen looks like highlighter

Since he was one of the very notorious non-repentant Nazi and was very shy about publicity my guess is that he never signed post war photos the mass way like Kesselring or even the occasional one like Dönitz

Comment

Regardless the photo, we can conclude that this signature is not signed by Peiper himself?

Comment

Doe somebody have a signature from Peiper to compare?

I would really like to know if the signature is ok or not.

Cause if it's ok, I would suggest it's pretty rare

Comment

Wartime and postwar signatures of Peiper are quite different if I remember correctly. I will check with mine and revert. Cheers, Markus

Comment

Bob,

I compared this signature to my definite original handwritten
              letter from Dec. 1971 and come to the conclusion that despite
              two differences one in each 'Jochen' and 'Peiper,' I think this has a
              very good chance to be an original Peiper post-war signature.

Markus

Comment

Markus,

Thank you for the research you did. Am I right when I say you are still not sure?

And if this is a good signature, do you know a value of it, because I am planning on selling it.

Thanks
                Bob

Comment

Originally posted by kale010 View Post
                  Markus,

Thank you for the research you did. Am I right when I say you are still not sure?

And if this is a good signature, do you know a value of it, because I am planning on selling it.

Thanks
                  Bob
                  I can not be 100 pct. sure with all the forgeries circulating nowadays and I did spot
                  2 differences other collector might not feel comfortable with.
                  I got my letter from Peiper's Pz.Rgt. laison officer. There I can be sure and
                  it's a completely handwritten letter. The source you got it from has much to
                  say many times. I can't comment on price really. I got my wartime and post-war
                  letter for free.

Comment

thanks.

Let's hope someone else can say something about the signature.

Comment

Originally posted by kale010 View Post
                      thanks.

Let's hope someone else can say something about the signature.

Yes, let's see. Would be interesting.

Peiper signatures are rare. You would need to compare this one
                      to a post-war example though. Wartime are different.

But I doubt anyone would want to lay their hands into fire for a signed
                      photo anyway.

Personally I always feel more confident about signatures on documents.

Comment

I thought I would put this one back up under the attention.

Anybody else has an opinion?

Bob

Comment

no other experts on this field?

Comment

I thought I'd put this one up one more time. Pleas help me authenticate and value.

Best regards

Bob

Comment

I did a search on the forum and it looks like a member might have a post war signature you might be able to compare it to. He doesnt show a photo of it, so you might have to ask him personally if you can see it for comparison. Thought this might help you. Just a thought, see for yourself:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=35894

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                              X