Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for info on Ausweis issued to Political Prisoner, KL Fuhlsbuttel

Hello Gents,

I have a strange ID document that I stumbled across, from a grouping of paper, documents, and photo album from a stabsgefreiter who served in the DAK, with the 10th Panzer Division, 3rd Company, Rgt. 90, and was captured in Kapone, Africa, on 10 May, 1943. Where upon, he spent his POW years in Louisiana (Camp Livingston), then POW Camp #2232 in England, and finally repatriated on Feb. 6, 1947.

Amongst the documents from his estate is an Ausweis issued in English, and German, that ID's him as an ex-poilitical prisoner of concentration camp Fulsbuttel, in Esterwegen.

A.) Is there any way to find out what he served time for exactly?

And B.) Do any document collectors out there know why this would have been issued to the owner, apparently in mid-summer, 1948.

I thought that it was a unique document, and had never seen one.

I'd love to get any info or input. Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

Such ID Cards for former political prioners were given to them after the end of ww2 to give them some privileges (food, domicile) in a time where a lack of theses things were common in Germany and Europe.

Gerdan

Comment

KZ/Camp Fuhlsbüttel:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/KZ_Fuhlsb%C3%BCttel

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks, Gerdan. Just for fun, I put a request in to the museum research division, to see if I could find out why he was a prisoner there.

Comment

It would be interesting to know by what reason he was imprisoned in Fuhlsbüttel from Dec 1934 - Aug 1935.

May be they have some files or an card index of former prisoners.

Gerdan

Comment

Yes. Interestingly, he went on to military service:

1937 to '38 he was in the Heer, 3 Battery, Artillery Regiment 20, Itzehoe.

1938 to '41 1 Battery, Artillery Rgt. 20 (and took part in the invasion of France, and the USSR)

1941 to 1943, DAK, with the 1o Panzer Div., 3 Komp. Rgt. 90.

I have several documents, and letters, and paper, as well as his photos album, and some POW documents. I will be eStanding all, as soon as I have tome to list. I also have his Master Blacksmith trade member book, which is kinda cool also, and a 1942 issued document giving bestowal of the Master Blacksmith title.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X