I'm looking for [hotos of the Berghof with it's late-war camoflage netting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking for [hotos of the Berghof with it's late-war camoflage netting

The photos below are from the book: "Hitler's Berghof 1928-1945" by Arndt. These are actually two photos that have each been split between pages in the book.

Does anybody have additional pictures of the Berghof showing the deployment of the camoflage netting that can be seen on the sides of the building and over the patio wall in the following pictures?
    Attached Files

Patio
    Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, I don't have any photos to add to this but it reminded me of when I was there a couple of years back. If you look carefully, you can still find a few pieces of the tassles from the camouflage covering here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by CPB View Post
        If you look carefully, you can still find a few pieces of the tassles from the camouflage covering here and there.

That is exactly why I need the pictures, to compliment the piece of netting I picked up from the Berghof ruins several years ago.
        Attached Files

Comment

This is a fascinating topic. I'd always assumed the netting visible creeping over the patio balcony was some sort of plantlife.

Evidently the camouflage was effective.

Comment

Originally posted by WWIIBuff View Post
            That is exactly why I need the pictures, to compliment the piece of netting I picked up from the Berghof ruins several years ago.

What is the "foliage" made of?
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by smershagent View Post
              Evidently the camouflage was effective.
              Well it wasn't very effective when the British airforce came calling.

Stonemint it is plastic tied on chicken wire

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X