Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on this U-boot frontspange award document

Hi Guys,

I would like some opinions on this U-boot frontspange award document. I am no expert in this field, but this document is being offered to me.

The picture is not the best there is, but hoping for some answers.

Thanks in advance.
    Bob

IMG_0557.jpg

Hard to tell with one blurry "in a frame" picture. It appears that it could be okay, but definitely better pix needed.

best
    Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

ok Guys,

I finally was able to get pictures when the award was removed from the frame.

Any opinions on it are welcome, including a value.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

P1040499.jpg

P1040500.jpg

Comment

[ATTACH]1657899[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1657900[/ATTACH]

Comment

Looks fine to me. There are 2 Karl Rode's listed in the Ubootwaffe database - one was killed at the Battle Of The River Plate in 1939 and also this one...

Rode Karl

OMaschMt

U-26. U-34. U-64. U-124. U-504. UIT-21

As for value, the DN Price Guide lists it at 350 Euros but obviously condition will affect that price (and it is only a guide) - is the citation glued to a board for instance?

Comment

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
            Looks fine to me. There are 2 Karl Rode's listed in the Ubootwaffe database - one was killed at the Battle Of The River Plate in 1939 and also this one...

Rode Karl

OMaschMt

U-26. U-34. U-64. U-124. U-504. UIT-21

As for value, the DN Price Guide lists it at 350 Euros but obviously condition will affect that price (and it is only a guide) - is the citation glued to a board for instance?

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes it is glued to a board unfortunately

Comment

Could someone take a look at this again. As i am being told it is a photocopy.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

Comment

I don't know the ins & outs of how good photocopiers are now days but the signature looks like an originally applied one rather than a photocopy of one.

Comment

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
                  I don't know the ins & outs of how good photocopiers are now days but the signature looks like an originally applied one rather than a photocopy of one.
                  I agree...possibly if you look from an angle, can you tell if any of the typing is embedded into the paper (periods are notorious for that)? IF it's a photocopy, it'll be completely flat.

best
                  Hank

edit: Also, if you have it in hand, make a photocopy of it, and see how it comes out.
                  Last edited by Hank Cummings; 02-09-2011, 04:37 PM. Reason: more info
                  Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                  ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Also check the pencil notation above the rank. You should be able to tell whether or not it's graphite.

Richard

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X