Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

the end
        Attached Files

Comment

Caption from the original U.S. Army Signal Corps photo:

"German prisoner of war, Robert Mohr, home Cologne, Sgt. Medical Corps, Infantry, in the Hermann Goering Division, 34 years old, 15 years in Army, captured in Tunisia April 30, 1943 by British Eighth Army, in Africa from March 1942. He said the British and Americans fought fairly, but the Russians did not. He said he believed Germany would win. He had spent a year in Canada. Brought with 10,145 prisoners of war to HRPE August 28th, 1943."

Attached Files

Comment

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat>Preview </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>"German prisoner of war, left, Sgt. Major Robert Mohr, Infantry, in Hermann Goering Division with Capt. W. R. Wheeler, Port Historian, HRPE. The prisoner was a Medical Orderly, 34 years old, 15 years in Army; home in Cologne; captured in Tunisia, April 30, 1943 by British Army; in Africa from March 1942; fought both against British and American soldiers. Most of the soldiers in Africa were between 20 and 25 years old. He still believed Germany would win. He said the Germans preferred to fight the British and Americans, who fought fairly, as the Russians did not."</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

(HRPE = Hampton Roads Port of Embarkation)
            Attached Files
            Last edited by VerKuilen Ager; 03-18-2004, 10:53 PM.

Comment

"Sleeve of German prisoner of war, Robert Mohr, Sgt. major, Medical Orderly, Infantry in Hermann Goering Division, captured in Tunisia April 30, 1943 by British Army. Brought to HRPE August 28th."

Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for providing those Interesting Signal Corps photos and they are good for reference but unfortunately they were massed produced. I personally like the one of a kind private photos myself and I'm glad that I picked up many a long time ago during my time in Germany. I like to thank my very good friend Jim Pool who has spent many hours formatting photos to be placed on this forum and thread. I recently purchased my own computer so I will be going through the growing pains of learning on how to work it and post photos and items to sell out of my collection in the near future. Thanks - Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X