Concentration camp photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concentration camp photos?

I got these and a lot more from a US vet grouping a few years ago. Also with these photos were POA items and some Austrian civilian items and 3rd army items. So I thought these might be Buchenwald photos. In the one there is a guy showing his tattoo. I don't know if you can see it though. Maybe these are some other kind of prison photos and not camp photos at all. Anyway, any thoughts or opinions are welcome.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Interesting photos.
            At first glance, they look like "liberation" photos.
            Jp

Comment

Hello.

Number 3 is clearly very ineresting due to the dot cammouflage shorts.

Chris.

Comment

Yes, I'm sure you're right -- they are liberation photos. There are some other interesting photos in the group I'll post sometime if people want to see them.

Comment

Originally posted by chrischa View Post
                  Hello.

Chris.
                  actually i might have expected 'dot' camo too...but these shorts are a far earlier ss camo, to my recollection, a style often encountered on the russian front. (oh, dot i take to mean as 'pea' camo, the 44 variety...these are not pea)
                  interesting snaps regardless...camps did often make uniforms-caps etc are seen on liberation footage often, worn by inmates.
                  in fact, one clip ive seen shows a young just-liberated man who is cooking on the floor, and when he sees he is being filmed, he yanks off his m43 cap and throws it to the ground, as if in hatred for being seen wearing axis kit. stirring images.
                  oh, thanks for the post. more please, at your convenience.

Comment

Hello.

Chris.
                    The stolen/donated camo shorts were interesting & I thought the tatoos were interesting too, the deck of cards one on his left arm, another design on his right and the series around his neck.

Comment

Here are the two tatoo photos altered a pit to show more.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hello.

Chris.
                          They look to be Plane Tree pattern.

Ian

Comment

interesting photos

as far as I know with (for example)russian tatoos, a card game means hes/was a Gambler...

Andreas

Comment

prisioners look well fed...not like the usual walking skeletons of concentration camps..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X