WWII German Autograph prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWII German Autograph prices

Hello. While searching for a value of an original wartime signed "Erwin Rommel Besitzzeugnis" I ran into the following site:

http://www.historyforsale.com/html/search.asp

Realizing their prices I am wondering if they have ever sold something. 8k for a Rommel signed paper, 20k - 45k for a Hitler signed document and so on. Even for a printed facsimile Hitler signatur on a "Mutterkreuz Award Document" they want 5k (value US $40).

Regards, Matthias

Originally posted by Oberbootsmann View Post
    Hello. While searching for a value of an original wartime signed "Erwin Rommel Besitzzeugnis" I ran into the following site:

http://www.historyforsale.com/html/search.asp

Realizing their prices I am wondering if they have ever sold something. 8k for a Rommel signed paper, 20k - 45k for a Hitler signed document and so on. Even for a printed facsimile Hitler signatur on a "Mutterkreuz Award Document" they want 5k (value US $40).

Regards, Matthias
    Maybe they come in a solid Gold frame ? There is an ad on the top page about 20% off but those are still insane prices. The 2x Himmlers wouldn't look particularly good to me either going by those photographs.

Comment

That dealer always posts signatures and documents with extraordinary pricing. Check out his eBay stuff too. His prices are 300% to 1000% over market. The Rommel would be about 10X over priced based on what I have seen.

All I can guess is that he sells the odd piece to some corporation looking for a retirement gift for a senior exec or to a rookie with more money than sense.

Quite puzzling.

Colin

Comment

I guess whatever the market will bear, but those prices are nuts. I deal heavily in German autographs, and always try to keep prices within reason.

Comment

Seems to be tons of Rommel signatures available on documents, etc. Paying for the name of a hero pumped by the media of his day. Many superior skilled general rank officers command a far lower price in comparison. But certain individuals and services (U-Boat, Fighter pilots, Waffen-SS) always command higher values.

I value signed anything, wartime or postwar, over a plain medal or hat. It's a connection to the individual.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X