Bastone award document opinions needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bastone award document opinions needed

I bought this off of ebay a few years ago,think I paid like 20 bucks.It has been cut down on all sides and is a very stiff paper.The black spotted lines are sort of impressed into the paper,and you can really feel them on the reverse side.As everything on ebay seems to be I`m sure it`s junk,but thought I`d run it buy you guys first.Opinions appreciated.

By sirvlad at 2010-09-14

By sirvlad at 2010-09-14

By sirvlad at 2010-09-14

Hi Gary,

Seems to me that the award document is made up by someone with too much fantasy and who didn't know what he was doing at all.

Bastogne was in American hands, so why type Bastogne on that German document.

2./ II Volksgrenadier Division. which VGD would that be ?

That Division number isn't written the way it should be.

A very faint stamp.

And that signature "Junky".

Too many red flags for that document I'm afraid.

yours friendly

Eric-Jan

Comment

There's more wrong with it than what E-J stated, suffice to say: toilet paper or fire starter.

best
      Hank
      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

It's hard to imagine that whoever made this actually intended to try and pass it off as genuine.
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thanks guys,yeah I was sure it wasn`t anygood but figured I`d check just in case.I`m really new at collecting and am trying to throw out what I know is junk.Thank god I came across this site.It`s a wealth of information,and I`m learning plenty.I was buying alot of photos from ebay and I`ve found out about 1/2 are repro.Bad part is I still really like them,and man what a waste of money.I still have them framed and hanging,but it really cost me.I appreciate everyones help enormously.

Thanks,Gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X