Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gcig grouping

Hi folks,

Had the luck to pick this up today. Unfortunately the big award doc and the medals are missing, the family however said they would look for them. I am crossing my fingers!

The portrait is a colored one where he is wearing the gcig already. The "Ehrenchronik" has a bunch of photographs in it too, a lot of them are pretty grapgic.

Some of the docs aren't in their best shape anymore but I am very happy I got the grouping and won't complain. My first Gcig grouping! Yay!

Best,
    Os.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Very nice! From the family?

Comment

So sorry! I just realized I put this in the wrong category! Would a Mod please move this to the paper items forum!

Thank you!

Comment

Very nice Os,

So this is the one! Far nicer than I had pictured.....

You say the large Urkunde for the DK is missing, not everyone received one of these, perhaps there was never one with the group?........nice all the same.

Would like to see a close up of that photo wearing the DK please, and a few perhaps in the photo album?

Ian
            Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Very nice indeed. I think these higher awards to enlisted men are far more interesting than to senior officers etc. You know that a lowly obergefreiter had to really earn it, more so i think in mid '43.

would be very interesting to know what he got it for seeing as it came relatively shortly after his EKI.
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

What a small but interesting DKiG grouping. Congratulations.

Comment

Here are some pictures of the photoalbum, a lot of grapic pictures....
                  and the portrait of him.

Simon, I couldn't agree more with you! The low ranked soldiers really had to earn such an award. However, I still haven't found out as to why he earned it, I guess a book about the division he served in could maybe have information.

research will be done.

Best,
                  Os.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Simon, I couldn't agree more with you! The low ranked soldiers really had to earn such an award.

I think Simon he meant it was very rare for EM to get such a high awards,
                          we know that is more often to see the Deutsches Kreuz in Gold grouping
                          for NCOs and officers, but indeed rare for this rank! I like the high awards
                          for lower ranking soldier!!! very good grouping.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X