Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

document grouping of an Obergefreiten

Hi Guys,

Years ago I received a document grouping of an obergefreiten as part of a deal. As my interests are not that much in the document world I want to sell this lot. The only thing is, I have no idea what the value of such a lot may be.

I hope you guys could advise me on this one.

Thanks in advance

Bob

First up are his schoolcertificate and something unknow to me (can't read it)

Diploma web.jpg

Unknown web.jpg
    Last edited by kale010; 08-06-2010, 08:22 AM.

Second is a HJ sports document and the award doc for his EKII, signed by Hauptmann Milenz (I think)

HJ sports award web.jpg

EKII award doc web.jpg

Comment

And now we see he spent some time being wounded. both documents signed by Major Leppel

BWB award doc web.jpg

SWB award doc web.jpg

Comment

And for last IMO the most scarce piece of paper that came with the lot. Some sort of card they attached on soldiers while being taken to a fieldhospital or something like that.

Woundcard front web.jpg

Woundcard back web.jpg

Comment

Nice little group, not sure where you got "hauptmann Milenz" for the EK2, to me it looks like Oberst Reichert, who's been given temporary command at that time.

Value would probably be around $150 or so, the market seems to be a bit soft. Further research on his unit or the signers might bring more money. For instance, docs pertaining to battles in the West against the allies seem to bring more than groups involving Russia. But that's a generality.

best
          Hank

EDIT: Also, the doc you refer to as "HJ sports" is actually for all working Germans taking part in the Reich-wide workers competition. Doesn't say what industry or trade he was in, just that he took part.

H

2nd edit: The document you can't read is basically his 8th grade report card. The stamped location in the middle-left is the city-suburb where it was located.

that's it.
          Last edited by Hank Cummings; 08-06-2010, 03:07 PM. Reason: more info
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Forgive me but shouldn't the title of the first document say:"Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer"?

Comment

Originally posted by JanSSNederland View Post
              Forgive me but shouldn't the title of the first document say:"Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer"?
              As this is signed in 1936 - and possibly printed even earlier - they may have been working on the right phrasology...

best
              Hank
              Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Cummings View Post
                Nice little group, not sure where you got "hauptmann Milenz" for the EK2, to me it looks like Oberst Reichert, who's been given temporary command at that time.

Value would probably be around $150 or so, the market seems to be a bit soft. Further research on his unit or the signers might bring more money. For instance, docs pertaining to battles in the West against the allies seem to bring more than groups involving Russia. But that's a generality.

best
                Hank

EDIT: Also, the doc you refer to as "HJ sports" is actually for all working Germans taking part in the Reich-wide workers competition. Doesn't say what industry or trade he was in, just that he took part.

H

2nd edit: The document you can't read is basically his 8th grade report card. The stamped location in the middle-left is the city-suburb where it was located.

that's it.
                Thanks for the reply on this group. Hauptman Milenz's name was on lexikon, but Reichert would make a better signature while looking at it.

Though I find it rather strange that a document would get more value when more is known about units and signers. And I cannot find anything for on Leppel and Reichert. Maybe I just don't know where to look

Regards
                Bob

Comment

Originally posted by kale010 View Post
                  ...edit...

Though I find it rather strange that a document would get more value when more is known about units and signers.

...edit...

Regards
                  Bob
                  Bob,
                  Just to oversimplify, collectors will generally be more interested in (for example) units that were equipped with Tiger or Panther tanks than a supply unit driving trucks.

Likewise, soldiers who earned various levels of the Knights Cross or DKiG, or were involved in high-profile events (Hitler assassination attempt) will "add" value to a doc.

hope that helps
                  Hank

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Cummings View Post
                    Bob,
                    Just to oversimplify, collectors will generally be more interested in (for example) units that were equipped with Tiger or Panther tanks than a supply unit driving trucks.

Likewise, soldiers who earned various levels of the Knights Cross or DKiG, or were involved in high-profile events (Hitler assassination attempt) will "add" value to a doc.

hope that helps
                    Hank
                    Ok Hank, I think I got you wrong in the first reply, but this makes sense

Bob

Comment

group

Nice document grouping!!

Jeremy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X