MilitariaPlaza

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS Standartenführer Identification Assistance...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Standartenführer Identification Assistance...

Would anyone be able to positively identify this SS Standartenführer ???

Many Thankx...

"Hundestaffel"
    Attached Files

Thought I'd bump this up again...

A positive identification, or good leads, would definitely be appreciated...

Many Thankx...

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

Hi Hundestaffel,
      Would you have more details, e.g. when the picture was taken (year or date), where taken (country or place) or other?
      Maybe I can help.
      Regards,
      Dikeman

Comment

Hello dikeman:

The photo is actually cropped down...in the full photo itself, he is standing (outside somewhere in front of a HUGE tree which obliterates most of the background) with a woman his age who is wearing an overcoat with what looks to be an Italian Fascist (??) Badge / Pin on her right lapel, a small white dog sitting beside the Standartenfuhrer's feet. The reverse of the photo is (unfortunately) not marked, dated or annotated in any way.

"Hundestaffel"
        Last edited by Hundestaffel; 07-31-2010, 10:41 AM.

Comment

I don´t know who he is but got curious about the rest of the photo. Can you please post the whole pic?

Comment

JG 51:

I prefer not to post the complete photo ("watermarked" or not) as I'm sure it would quickly be magically "surfing the net" and / or become a "Russian Archive" photo in no time flat as it is indeed quite an overall impressive photo.

Again, a positive indentification, or any good lead(s) that can result in one, would definitely be appreciated...

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

Thought I'd bring this one up one more time.....

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

Id

Hi there,

I posted this photo on the Axis History Forum, and I believe they have found out the ID of the man;

Gottfried Klingemann, commander of SS-IR "Nordland" in 1940

Here's the link with another photo of him for comparison;

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...65259#p1565259

Cheers
                Steve

Comment

Steve:

Once again, I thank you very much for your assistance in helping ID another one of the SS Officers in my Hunde photos - Indeed, if it is not Gottfried Klingemann himself, then it is his identical twin...

:-)

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

Sorry Guys - these are not the same man. Take another look at the shape of the base of his nose and the shape of the lips. Not identical after all.

Tony A.

Comment

Here is the photo of Klingemann posted on the Axis History Forum.....what do others think ???

"Pros" - age, shape of the jaw, eyes, and (especially) the dark angled line (fencing scar or ??) running from the right corner of his mouth downwards and slightly backwards (unmistakable in both photos)...

"Hundestaffel"
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Hundestaffel; 03-04-2011, 03:23 PM.

Comment

They do have similarities but I am only 50:50 as to whether they are actually the same person or not - is there anyway of knowing how much time passed between the two photos?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony A View Post
                          Sorry Guys - these are not the same man. Take another look at the shape of the base of his nose and the shape of the lips. Not identical after all.

Tony A.
                          Mouths and noses change shape when smiling. I think that's the case here. Ears are much better to use as a source for comparison. The dark scar from the corner of his mouth is an unusual feature that matches. In my mind not a definite 100% match yet but I wouldn't dismiss it because a smile/smirk has altered the shape of his nose and mouth.

Jason

Comment

asked my gal to have a look and she said its the same guy.......shes always right so must be!!

looks sorta similar,,,could be...could not......k

Comment

Thankx for the input everyone......I've come to the conclusion that in all probability it is indeed Gottfried Klingemann.

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X