Signature help 3/8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signature help 3/8

Any help on this signature or if known, the man, would be very much appreciated.

3/8 signatures.

John
    <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->
    Attached Files

Signature could be "von Eisleben"
    but it would be better if you can post the whole document or even if its there the stamp.

Comment

Thanks, I will be able to get the complete document in a week or so and then will post.

John

Comment

Here is the best I can do with the pertinent information on the document. I wish I could post the entire doc, but at this time I cannot. I appreciate any help in deciphering the signature if possible.

Thanks, John
        Attached Files

Comment

Well the first word is clearly von, perhaps Eis...
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

In Germany did not exist a noble family with the name "von Eisleben" in these years.

I would prefer to read "von Eichborn". Do you agree?

Gerdan

Comment

An old thread, but in case anyone is still interested, Gerdan had it right.

On 1 August 1943, Oberst Walter von Eichborn was named chief of the Ordensabteilung (Abt. WZ III) in the Wehrmachtzentralamt. He had been assigned to the Wehrmachtzentralamt in 1941, and as far as orders go, it was a good gig for him. Eichborn himself got decorations from Bulgaria, Croatia, Finland, Hungary, Romania and Slovakia.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Danner View Post
                An old thread, but in case anyone is still interested, Gerdan had it right.

On 1 August 1943, Oberst Walter von Eichborn was named chief of the Ordensabteilung (Abt. WZ III) in the Wehrmachtzentralamt. He had been assigned to the Wehrmachtzentralamt in 1941, and as far as orders go, it was a good gig for him. Eichborn himself got decorations from Bulgaria, Croatia, Finland, Hungary, Romania and Slovakia.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X