Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions please

Hi,
    What do you think of this document? real or fake. Your opinions would be most welcome.

Regards

Paul

Shield doc.jpg (41.7 KB)

Provenance?

How do the edges look? Where did you obtain it? It's got sort of a crumpled look to me....
    From what little I know, and I've seen, documents didn't really get crumpled up like that, just worn from being folded.
    I am no expert, but I don't care for it.

But get more info!
    All the best,
    Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Hello Hank,
      Thanks for the reply. I have attached a pic of the document rather than a scan. As you can see their is a fold through the centre and I think crumple has come from it being in a plastic cover. I picked this up from a militaria fair a couple of years ago with the shield.

Regards

Paul

Originally posted by hankmeister
      How do the edges look? Where did you obtain it? It's got sort of a crumpled look to me....
      From what little I know, and I've seen, documents didn't really get crumpled up like that, just worn from being folded.
      I am no expert, but I don't care for it.

But get more info!
      All the best,
      Hank

Comment

Hi Paul!

Can you decipher what the stamp says? To me it looks like A. Ob. Kdo. 11 (Armeeoberkommando 11), but the 11. Army was re-designated Heeresgruppe Don on 27. Nov. 1942 and by the date of the award doc had been further re-designated Heeresgruppe South. It seems strange that a stamp that was out of date by nearly 4 months should be used on the doc.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Regards,

VJK

Comment

Hi VJ,

This is as good as I can get, its the only document I have, so all opinions are welcome.

Regards

Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X