Super mk document in cellofaan wrapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super mk document in cellofaan wrapping

Just want to show my new and mint mother cross document.It come's in its original cellofaan wrapping.
    Hope you like it as much as i do
    Attached Files

Very nice! Had one of these for a Sports Award once. Don't see many of them at all. Congrats.

best
    Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

A very nice document to have in your collection
      Nick

Comment

Hi Wim,

Nice mint document.

Are you sure these came in these translucent "wrappings"? I've never found this anywhere. What's your (official) source of information for this? Would be great news if it was true

regards,
        Gaston

Comment

Im not sure got no real source this one is from michael dick.I never seen one before it's my first ass well

I dont think it search together because of the perfect fitting of the document in the wrapping even as the age of the wrapping but cant get that on picture.Another item to do a research on maybe we all learned somthing new

Maybe hank have some more information since he used to own one for a sport document
          Gr
          Wim
          Last edited by eraser; 07-05-2010, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by eraser View Post
            Im...edit...

Maybe hank have some more information since he used to own one for a sport document
            Gr
            Wim
            HI guys,
            I'll have to go through all my highly UNorganized files to try and find the pictures. Sold it awhile a back.

But I can say, it was exactly the right size for the Sport Urkunde.

Lemme see what I can find.

best
            Hank
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.

Comment

Hi,

It would be quit something for my upcomming Mothercross book if this were true.

I've seen many many hundreds of mothers cross documents over the years, and have some dozens myself in all kinds of variations and conditions, but...NEVER before have i seen one of these in such a protective paper. Also period photos show only the loose certificate. Im not saying it's not true, but would like to see a verifiable source first before shouting it IS true. This is the way new myths are born.

Often these translucent papers are used by stamp dealers or other paper dealer, perhaps it was added to the certificate to protect it better since it is mint?

regards,
              Gaston

edit: looking at the pictures again: the wrapping paper looks much larger than the certificate...

Comment

hi ist diese MK urkunde den so selten

Comment

No it's not rare, just in good condition

Comment

[quote=jabnus;4099998]

Often these translucent papers are used by stamp dealers or other paper dealer, perhaps it was added to the certificate to protect it better since it is mint? quote]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exactly Gaston !

Some German dealers are selling cloth insigna like the Smallbattle Units Badge in such bags - the smaller version of course.

The stamp collectors world do use those bags for ages.

Single stamps in the small ones, stamp block in the larger ones.

These bags are also used by paper money and old post cards dealers and collectors.

Over the years these bags didn't change at all, only the older ones do really look old and are a bit discoloured.

yours friendly

Eric-Jan

Comment

thanks okay

Comment

Originally posted by eraser View Post
                        ...edit...
                        Gr
                        Wim
                        this is an old thread, but found the thread with one of the urkunden. There were 3 total, and 2 of them had the wax/cellophane "packaging":

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=271757

Note the stamp lower right corner. Can't give you better scans; sold these on e-stand ages ago.

best
                        Hank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X