Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commerce raider Auxiliary Cruiser Atlantis photographs

Commerce raider Auxiliary Cruiser Atlantis photographs

I am about to build a model of Atlantis and I am looking for photographs. Any photograph will help, however I am particularly interested in photographs taken on board the Atlantis, by the crew and probably of the crew. The background of such shots can be invaluable for detail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David

David:

I can help you with some info. I am traveling right now, I should be returning home tonight (that has still yet to be determined). Shoot me a PM with your email and I'll email you when I get home.

Joe

Comment

Thank you, I have tried to PM you but I am not sure it is working. Can you try to PM me

Thanks

Comment

I have not heard from Joe, can anyone else help with photographs of Atlantis?

Comment

David, I have a photo of the entire ship, if you are interested.

Comment

Atlantis

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&s...=&oq=&gs_rfai=

I did a GOOGLE Image search for the Atlantis and got all of these pictures. Will they help?
            Tim

Comment

Thank you any photo would help. I have most of the ones on the internet. the problem is that when they are posted on websites they are degraded to 1024 by 768 or worse.

I doubt I will find an original print, but I live in hope. The best book for photographs was published in Germany in 1942 as a history of the voyage. Most web photos are scans from this book. The only copies I can trace are held by several American Universities.

Even the same shot handeld by different publishers changing the contrast makes a big difference in detail, so any photo I can get I am interested.

Happy to pay for copies and postage.

thanks

David

Comment

[QUOTE=Snowwolflair;4211412 The best book for photographs was published in Germany in 1942 as a history of the voyage.

David[/QUOTE]

Hi David,

the book you are refereing to is "Die Kriegsfahrt des Hilfskreuzers Atlantis".
                It was first published in 1944 and compiled by the ship's Adjutant Dr Ulrich Mohr.
                Only 400 of the original hardback books were printed for the crewmen and their families and in the back of the book is a complete crewlist.

I am fortunate to have two of these original hardbound copies,including one that belonged to the 1st Officer Erich Kuhn and is signed by the Commander Bernhard Rogge.

I am sure that Joe will supply you with the info you need as he has written an excellent book on the Atlantis titled "The Cruise of the German Raider Atlantis".

Regards,Martin
                Attached Files

Comment

Yes that is the book, i have only seen poor scans of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Slavick View Post
                    David:

I can help you with some info. I am traveling right now, I should be returning home tonight (that has still yet to be determined). Shoot me a PM with your email and I'll email you when I get home.

Joe
                    Hi, I am also building a R/C model of Atlantis which will be in the guise of
                    KASII MARU, as when I started building her there were no published plans, I have drawn her myself using all pictures available and scaling dimensions from them.
                    I have the black & white picture of her as Kasaii Maru and some discription of ships colours culled from various books.
                    Can anyone help with further info on a colour scheme please.
                    Thanks for reading, ken.

Comment

Here a great photo from the Captain of "Atlantis" knights cross with oalkeaves Bernhard Rogge.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                      X