Marinefrontspange, Blockadebrecher group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marinefrontspange, Blockadebrecher group

My latest aquisition. A nice 3 doc grouping of EKII, Blockade breakers and Naval combat clasp.

A rather dog eared EKII, signed by Generaladmiral Hermann Boehm

Nice DINA5 version of the Blockade Breakers badge. Those who have a copy of Lothar Hartung's book on award docs will see another (p.94) one like this signed on the same day by the same officer and typed on the same typewriter.

The uncommon Naval combat clasp.

All in all a nice little group bought at a very reasonable price

Simon
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

An odd "technical admin" guy... piques my curiosity. Nothing else to give any more clues?

Alas, not the type of Blockade Breaker that lists the SHIP!

Comment

Hello Gentlemen, I just wanted to share an interesting observation. When I saw Simon's post, the Bockadebrecher doc looked very familiar and rang a bell, so I pulled out my two little Blockadebrecher groupings and noticed this:

Sig. Ob. Gefreiter
      Meiler, Hans
      16. Mai 1943
      on one of them. Both docs are like Simon's, without the ships name.

Best regards,
      Al

Comment

Nice!

Sweet group. If ya ever want to pass 'em along, I'll take them!

Hank
        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Rick
          I'm afraid this is it. Can you make out the sig on the Blockade doc? Korv.Kapt u abt. chef i V i'm ok with but i'm struggling a bit with the name.

Albert
          You may be interested to know that Claus Philipp has a doc in this style dated 16 May 1943 for sale at the moment. http://www.philipp-militaria.de/ it's item number 85123. Does yours have the same signature?

Simon
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Simon-- Blockade Runner was signed by then-KKzS Dr. rer. nat. Walter "Pank," born 12 June 1898. Imperial navy 4.7.16-28.2.19

Fähnrich zS 26.4.17 ern
            Leutnant zS 18.9.18 ern

but never saw action, being in midshipman and ensign classes the entire time.

Member of the German Naval Officers' Association (MOV # 2460), had his Doctorate by 1928 but shyly simply placed himself in the Association "food industry" occupational section without title. Moved around, from Halle a/Saale in 1928 to Altkloster bei Buxtehude in 1931. (Wife Ingeborg born 17.12.1xxx).

Rejoined the navy as an (E) officer:

Kapitänleutnant zS (E) 1.10.34 #14 1937 on Staff, Baltic Sea Station
            Korvettenkapitän zS (E) 1.1.39
            Fregattenkapitän zS 1.6.43 #1

but did not belong to the NOA (then renamed the MOHeV) after WW2, so no idea what he was up to after 1944 Seniority List.

Comment

Thanks as ever Rick, much appreciated

I'll need to track down copies of these books for the retread officers, they seem to pop up more often than regular officers

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X