Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe Slavick View Post
    PzV:

Wow! Posts 8, 9 and 10 are either Panzer Kaserne (in Böblingen) or on the-then-named Kurmärker Kaserne; now Patch Barracks, in nearby Stuttgart-Vaihingen.

I actually think they were taken on Kurmärker Kaserne as that is where many more of the barracks facilities and maintenance activities were completed.

This is where I currently work, so I will try and match up some "then and now" photos for you.

Joe
    I was stationed at Panzer barracks with the 10th Special Forces for 3 years and know all the surrounding Kaserne's. I would like to know also but I believe this looks more aluded to Panzer kaserne?

I clearly remember there is a monument in front of our barracks dedicated to a fallen Soldier from the 1939 Poland invasion. Was this unit involved in that invasion?

Comment

yes, Pz Rgt 7 was involved in the invasion of Poland and that is why the monument was there in the remembrance of their fallen soldiers.

Comment

Originally posted by PzV View Post
        yes, Pz Rgt 7 was involved in the invasion of Poland and that is why the monument was there in the remembrance of their fallen soldiers.
        Of note: This was a wartime erected monument. Probably after transitioning back from the Polish Campaign.

Comment

Jim:
          CIB:

I'm on leave through the end of the week. I'll check it out next week.

Jim--One of my co-workers has about 25 scans of when Pz Rgt 7 was in garrison and when they were arriving and accepting their vehicles. I'll see if I can get them to you for your research.

Joe

Comment

Joe, is his name John C. ? If so I know him!

Jim

Comment

Great photos!Thanks for showing them.

Comment

Jim:

No--not the same guy. I am pretty sure I can get digital copies of his photos. I'll let you know next week when I get back to work.

Joe

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X