My latest Willrich card aquisitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My latest Willrich card aquisitions

I'm getting closer all the time to completing my collection of known Willrich cards although there will be a few that will elude me (LW Helferinen). I need 2 more of the Blutadel series and 7 of the E series cards (including the 4 LW Helferinen and the Spindler photo card although that is not a Willrich card but is in the series)

Obergefreiter Fritz Arndt

Oberleutnant Harro Brenner
    Attached Files

RAD Arbeitsmaid

Leitender Ingenieur-Offizier auf Kptlt. Schuhart's U-Boot
    Attached Files

Comment

SS Obersturmfuehrer Vogt

SS Hauptscharfuehrer Kepplinger
      Attached Files

Comment

even better, I got 2 copies of the Vogt card - with and without the VDA overprint
        Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations Holger. I've always been very fond of these but have never begun the acquisition process. How many images do you have in your collection and how long did it take to reach that level?

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by MJC View Post
            Congratulations Holger. I've always been very fond of these but have never begun the acquisition process. How many images do you have in your collection and how long did it take to reach that level?

Mike
            Thanks Mike...I actually got my very first one about 30 years ago from my grandmother (used Rommel card) but only started to seriously collect them about 8 years ago. I collect them unused and postally used and if I find them I also buy the ones with the VDA overprint. I would estimate I currently have about 350. I counted the known ones once but can't remember the exact number but it's about 200.

Holger

Comment

how rare is the kepplinger card?
              nice collection, by the way.
              thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas Jr. View Post
                how rare is the kepplinger card?
                nice collection, by the way.
                thanks for sharing.
                I don't pretend to be the most knowledgeable about Willrich cards (one has to be humble when faced with the people in this forum) but after looking around at various auction houses over the years I don't think I've seen it more than a handfull of times.

Holger

Comment

You have a very nice collection.

May I assume you have E 7, Backmann, the Mountain trooper on the Coast? There are other rarities that will fail most Willrich collections such as the aforementioned Helferinen cards, Busch, some of the seldom seen color versions of the sepia cards, usw.

The 3 SS cards while scarce, are seen in auctions with some regularity.

Again, you have very nice material. Thanks for sharing.

Ramon

Comment

Ramon...no, E7 is definitely one that has eluded me so far but I have seen it a couple of times but just could not afford it at the time. Actually a friend of mine recently sent me a picture of it and got me all happy because I knew he would sell it to me but the bugger was pulling my leg with a reprint. The other one I am missing from the E series (other than LW Helferinen + Spindler photo card) is E86 Oberst Karl Loewrick which is not the most rare card but I just never seem to get my hands on it. I probably do not even come close to knowing all the various auction sites where I can find the cards but I keep searching.

Holger

Comment

You're welcome to visit the albums I've posted on my Profile page to view a couple of my scarcer Willrich items. I intend to post more my very difficult to find cards in the near future.

Cheers,

Ramon

Comment

Did Willrich ever do a portrait card of a Polizei man?

Thanks.

Comment

I don't immediately recall a Polizei portrait. He did, of course, some SS portraits in the 1930's we know about.

Ramon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                          X