Double award document for the badge for wound

Hello Gentelments!
    I have seen this 2 documents.
    I would like to know your opinion.
    KR,
    Roman

revers

Comment

Hello Roman, the first is the official award document, the second is the preliminary award document, possibly issued in the field. With many awards there was a preliminary document which was then followed by the official version. With the RK the preliminary is the same size and style as the EK1 or EK2 official document and looks a lot like them. The official award document is the leather bound beauties that we are all familiar with. In several instances there is a preliminary document that was never followed by the official award document and I would consider it unusual to have both.
      Richard V

Comment

Hi Guys,

It is not unusual to see the WB doc issued more than one time to the same individual for the same wound. The reason for that often is the issue of the award doc by the unit (Stammeinheit) and the hospital etc. Now, in this case it is quite simple, the second one was issued by the hospital and the first one was issued by the unit upon the guys return.

I have a 8-doc grouping with two "Besitzzeugnisse" for the silver WB. One is issued by the guys "Stammeinheit" 2./Gren.Rgt. 61, the other by the 2.Genesenden-Kp./Gren.Ers.Btl.61, the replacement unit.

I will check if I have any other double issues.

Best regards,
        Al

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X